Fedora 26 Is Ready To Roll & It's Looking Fantastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
    I do not know the reason, but my machines do not agree with Fedora Gnome, I've always had problems with this distribution and I also have to discard this release because of its disarming slowness. Strange because I have no problems with Debian and with Opensuse.
    My laptop agrees with it very well for the last three years. Installed Fedora 20 on it when I bought it, and it now runs 26 very nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
      That is the default wallpaper? They should choose another one, because that passes a message of cold and depressing user experience...
      Fedora has had this cold, blue color scheme for some time now, and i think it suits the default desktops quite well, even though I'm an opeSUSE user right now and prefer greenish or orange-ish wallpapers.

Comment

What command is he using that is output the information for this screen shot?

Comment

Originally posted by codayblue View Post
          What command is he using that is output the information for this screen shot?
          http://www.phoronix.com/image-viewer...edora_26_5_lrg
          phoronix-test-suite system-info
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Crikey, that wallpaper... looks like something found on a wall of a retirement home.

Fedora's supplemental wallpapers are more exciting:

Comment

That default wallpaper is gawd-awful. I hope no one with severe depression has to stare at that every day. Those supplemental wallpapers have been around since at least Fedora 21. Some of them anyway. The zen and the Himalayas ones for sure.
              Last edited by andyprough; 12 July 2017, 12:45 AM.

Comment

That is the default wallpaper? They should choose another one, because that passes a message of cold and depressing user experience...
                Originally posted by r1348 View Post
                Actually, it's the first default Fedora wallpaper my wife likes.
                Yes, and she uses exactly those terms to describe her sexual life: "a cold and depressing user experience".
                Sorry mate, I could not let this opportunity pass

Comment

This conversation about the default wallpaper is ridiculous. If you don't like it there's plenty of others to choose from.

Comment

Are they using Flatpak by default for applications?

Comment

Fedora has had some TRULY awful wallpapers (evidence: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wallpapers); this isn't one of them. It's not the best, but it's reasonable. Look at the 'balloons' (Fedora 7 I think). Or submarine in Fedora 16.

Default wallpaper seem to elicit strong reactions in both directions every now and then. My preference is for a background which has subtle changes using a similar colour scheme. i.e. pick a few shades of blue (or whatever colour you like), then create a pattern which doesn't draw your eye away from anything else you might have on your desktop. My favourite defaults have been from 12, 8 and 1. Nearly all the others have been wrong in some way to my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                      X