Fedora 26 Is Ready To Roll & It's Looking Fantastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by omer666 View Post
    This conversation about the default wallpaper is ridiculous. If you don't like it there's plenty of others to choose from.
    I don't think that's the point. First impressions count. Sure you can change stuff, but the default is like the cover of a book. It's the first thing you see. Having a bad one is not good form.

I don't think this is a bad one however. Not my favourite, but good enough not to need changing.

Comment

Originally posted by duncaninnes View Post

I don't think that's the point. First impressions count. Sure you can change stuff, but the default is like the cover of a book. It's the first thing you see. Having a bad one is not good form.
      You hit the mark right there. Everybody knows a wallpaper can be changed, but a bad one is not helping the case for a distro, that's for sure.

Comment

I've installed Fedora yesterday and it's rock solid. Wayland works fine out of the box although I'm still using Xorg because some apps not work on Wayland. Now you can install chrome-gnome-shell without adding third parity repo (chrome-gnome-shell needed by web browser for add new extensions). The default wallpaper is awesome and also have a animated version that change through the day, the animated version can install by "sudo dnf install f26-backgrounds-animated"

Comment

Originally posted by remjg View Post
          It's when I tried "sudo gedit..." that I realize there was something new (now I will have to find a more secure way to edit my configuration text files).
          Well, again, a very good distribution !
          If you just need to edit configuration files, then just run
          Code:
          gedit admin://PATH-TO-FILE
          which works under Wayland too as far as I remember.

I have created for nemo a custom action for Mimetype=text/* with the command:
          Code:
          Exec=xed --new-window admin://%F
          so when I right click on a text file, I have the "edit as admin" action available. I guess you can do something similar for nautilus too (so that you don't have to open a terminal every time you want to edit a text file as admin).

Comment

Working...
          X