Debian Installer Stretch RC4 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

KISS and use Debian testing Xfce. Dungeon and others are trollers and have not learn net etiquette even in 9 years.
    If you are not on Debian's bugzilla non stop, there is no purpose if using Testing . Debian should include big quick icon unremovable addware in the center of any DE where Testing is installed

That would provoke trolls like you properly, to understand for what that Testing really is

Debian tries to play nice so you don't have that addware, but it looks like that would soon be needed if so much trolls like you raised from the dust
    Last edited by dungeon; 28 May 2017, 02:20 AM.

Comment

There are far less bugs in testing than in stable or sid.
      You are not an Debian developer not interested in development, so you don't have right to claim such a thing

All these bugs are relative thing and their numbers represent nothing if you are not interested in development, it is not something that average troll like you should represent that in such a wrong way.

Currently Debian sid/experimental have 56839 binary packages, built from 26836 source packages. You have constant bugs everywhere, but downthere how much one single average user Joe is affected, not much if at all as on average installations have less than 2% of random archive installed so on average not much people are affected regardless of branch and so on
      Last edited by dungeon; 28 May 2017, 02:35 AM.

Comment

it is all openly documented.

In 9 years you do not even know that so keep trolling.
        You can't cite that in such a way if you are not interested in development, these bugs are listed and counted only if you are and not if you are not

If i have filled one bug of these, i only have that one bug not all of these Otherwise if you don't file bugs, either you agree that there is no bugs or you just don't care or you quick fix them for youself, etc...
        Last edited by dungeon; 28 May 2017, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Hey troller, testing and reporting bugs is software development.
          So you started to file *useful* and not trolled bugs, that is news

Comment

Use Debian testing to have better feeling. Messing with stable and sid makes you crazy.
            Ah now we talk about emotions and feelings points, are you an expert in parapsychology or some other pseudoscience of choice or something

My nose smells that your mentality wanna Manjaro, it is not pure Arch and they don't make releases like Debian Stable which you hate so much... just switch to Manjaro as that is better for what you want and stop trolling

Believe me, Manjaro is right for you as they even have exact like a Debian repo naming scheme but it means entirely something else. Their Stable is like Debian's Testing, their Testing is like Debian's Unstable, their Unstable is like Debian's Experimental... and they don't do something like Debian Stable, Old.Stable and LTS which is exactly what you don't want. Also they use XFCE as default, also they have not default menu in XFCE, etc... it is exactly what your mentality wants and what you trolling about You see all what you want is already available and you just use wrong distro. These facts might move your aura to be exact in place where your body is, but as always no guarantee

Or maybe you just have an girlfriend who uses Manjaro and now all your head is full of love bullshit so you don't have right idea what to expect in reality, that might happen also
            Last edited by dungeon; 28 May 2017, 05:11 AM.

Comment

I love Debian and i use it since i move to Linux 8 years ago. I always used Debian Stable and it will be the same thing for Stretch.
              But i have a small problem actually. I received my new Desktop with an AMD Ryzen which is "totally" supported since the kernel 4.11 ...

So someone has an idea to have the latest Kernel on Stretch before the real package from Debian packager ?
              I never compile the kernel myself so if a repository exist, it will good.

Thanks

Comment

There are far less bugs in testing than in stable or sid. And I have done a couple of bug reports to Debian in 3 years. Debian should drop the stable distribution, it is a waste of resources. There is enough testing in experimental and unstable phases. Keep writing non sense and keep trolling.
                Testing has less *reported* bugs. Stable (most likely) has far far less actual bugs, and far less serious bugs waiting to be found.

Comment

Originally posted by berillions View Post
                  I love Debian and i use it since i move to Linux 8 years ago. I always used Debian Stable and it will be the same thing for Stretch.
                  But i have a small problem actually. I received my new Desktop with an AMD Ryzen which is "totally" supported since the kernel 4.11 ...

So someone has an idea to have the latest Kernel on Stretch before the real package from Debian packager ?
                  I never compile the kernel myself so if a repository exist, it will good.

Thanks
                  You can take 4.11 from experimental. But be careful: I've tried it and my rig doesn't boot at all with 4.11. Ryzen 1600X with MSI B350M Gaming Pro, HyperX 16G/2667 RAM, RX580/8G.

Comment

Originally posted by J?rnS View Post

You can take 4.11 from experimental. But be careful: I've tried it and my rig doesn't boot at all with 4.11. Ryzen 1600X with MSI B350M Gaming Pro, HyperX 16G/2667 RAM, RX580/8G.
                    Experimental 4.11 is bulded with gcc-7 stretch and testing users shouldn't touch that

Other than recompile that distro kernel (if nothing to test how Ryzen is fast at the task also ), maybe linux-libre repo they have 4.11.3 kernel or liquorix repo that have 4.11.3 on sid but with gcc-6 Both unusual kernels i know and heavy patched to add or to miss features Siduction probably have something, but these are all kernels with unusual patches plus minus - might be good or broken

Easiest is to re/compile if he wanna debian proper one or waith for backports after stretch is released or so.

Also i am not sure what is wrong with default 4.9 kernel, Ryzen should work fine with that... but yeah maybe something else on mobos isn't supported fine yet, sound chips, network, sensors, etc... usual pletora of linux beauty.

Maybe liquorix works, sounds like that can be used currently on stretch too... but no idea if it will on Ryzen, heavy patched so no guarantee

Enthusiast kernel optimized for low latency
                    Last edited by dungeon; 28 May 2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks dungeon, that's timely.
                      I was just looking at moving from sid's 4.9 to the trunk 4.11.
                      If already on Sid does this apply? "Experimental 4.11 is bulded with gcc-7 stretch and testing users shouldn't touch that"

Might try liquorix instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X