Fedora 26 Beta Has Been Delayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flubba86 View Post

Oh yeah? I don't consider a Fedora release truly stable until it reaches end-of-life.
    Only then can it have achieve full maturity.
    I'm installing Fedora 23 right now. Looking forward to the new features in Gnome 3.18, and finally able to use Python3 by default.

/s
    That's an intriguing thought.
    How about bench-ing Debian Testing and one of those FC23/24 .

Comment

By this point, the news would be if it hadn't been delayed...

Comment

Oh yeah? I don't consider a Fedora release truly stable until it reaches end-of-life.
        Only then can it have achieve full maturity.
        Hey if you prefer that it's totally up to you, but it's called Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS, depending you need professional support or not.

Please don't suggest to use a distribution beyond it support lifecycle, the fact that not even security patches are backported makes it a irresponsible choice
        We've all seen in the news what happens when people ignore such advice, and still run Windows XP on hospital systems...

Remember CentOS is the same as some older Fedora distribution, but at least you still get important bugfixes. Often handled by the same people.

Personally I'll stick with latest Fedora: sure it might have an occasional problem, but me reporting it upstream is what helps the community, and I do love to be able to have the latest features today. Not least people here are supposedly into IT and should be able to workaround a couple of issues, for the sake of making life easier to others. Sorry but using an older Fedora version seems quite unhelpful to everyone, including yourself..

Comment

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
          As always, I'll wait 3 months before upgrade anyway.
          I do quite the opposite actually. :P Coming from arch based distros (mostly manjaro), I find that fedora is too stable and gets updates too slowly for my liking. So, I am already using Fedora 26 (cinnamon spin) and I'm planning to move to Fedora 27 when it gets ready enough (my understanding is that Fedora won't have alpha releases anymore, so I will probably wait for 27 Beta).

Fedora 26 is awesome btw!

Comment

Fedora isnt really " Bleeding Edge " anymore, its " Breaking Edge "

Comment

Fedora being delayed?
              What else is new?

In other news: the sky is blue.

Comment

Originally posted by sarfarazahmad View Post
                That's an intriguing thought.
                How about bench-ing Debian Testing and one of those FC23/24 .
                Originally posted by sanne View Post
                Hey if you prefer that it's totally up to you, but it's called Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS, depending you need professional support or not.

Please don't suggest to use a distribution beyond it support lifecycle, the fact that not even security patches are backported makes it a irresponsible choice
                We've all seen in the news what happens when people ignore such advice, and still run Windows XP on hospital systems...

Remember CentOS is the same as some older Fedora distribution, but at least you still get important bugfixes. Often handled by the same people.

Personally I'll stick with latest Fedora: sure it might have an occasional problem, but me reporting it upstream is what helps the community, and I do love to be able to have the latest features today. Not least people here are supposedly into IT and should be able to workaround a couple of issues, for the sake of making life easier to others. Sorry but using an older Fedora version seems quite unhelpful to everyone, including yourself..
                On man, I even used a sarcasm marker and everything.
                (Or am I missing some kind of even higher level of subtle sarcasm in these replies?)

Comment

Working...
                X