Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSUSE Tumbleweed Rolls In Linux 4.11, KDE Applications 17.04

Phoronix: OpenSUSE Tumbleweed Rolls In Linux 4.11, KDE Applications 17.04

For those using the openSUSE Tumbleweed rolling-release distribution but haven't upgraded in a while, many new/updated packages are now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How do I know with which llvm their MESA is working?
    In the repository I see llvm 3.8, 3.9, 4.0 ...

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
      How do I know with which llvm their MESA is working?
      In the repository I see llvm 3.8, 3.9, 4.0 ...
      usually the newest you can see there. I can confirm this from my tumbleweed box:

Informationen zu Paket llvm:
      ----------------------------
      Repository : Haupt-Repository (OSS)
      Name : llvm
      Version : 4.0.0-1.1

Comment

They had some serious issues with QT5.8 breakage for KDE Wayland and have had to recompile using QT5.7:

What happened to QT 5.8.x in the http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Qt5/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/ repository? Did I miss an announcement that it is no longer available?

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
          They had some serious issues with QT5.8 breakage for KDE Wayland and have had to recompile using QT5.7:

What happened to QT 5.8.x in the http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Qt5/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/ repository? Did I miss an announcement that it is no longer available?

thanks to openQA QT 5.8 never made it into tumbleweed nor leap. the roll back from 5.8 only happened in the devel repository. Other distros also did not include 5.8 because of this qt-wayland bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
            Ubuntu made he right choice to ditch Qt for a better toolkit made for and made by Linux desktop developers.
            Ubuntu ditched the whole DE actually and took a pre-made one they thought would please the most corporate customers that usually run GNOME Classic because it looks like XP.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
              Ubuntu will run Gnome proper. Thanks anyway, It is hard to disagree with Gnome giving a corporate class experience. Stability and so on..
              Stability of GNOME Classic on xorg without any theme is kinda easymode, y'know.

Oh and how fo you feel that Ubuntu went with a copyleft toolkit actually made linux desktop?
              your trolling makes you trip over the keys, this part is hardly intelleggible.

Comment

"...but sadly no Mesa 17.1 yet."
                Who (can) use Tumbleweed, can use X11:XOrg, too.
                With Mesa-git overridden Mesa-7.1, here.

Name : Mesa
                Version : 17.1.0
                Release : 679.1
                Architecture: x86_64
                Install Date: Fr 12 Mai 2017 01:32:09 CEST
                Group : System/Libraries
                Size : 31212108
                License : MIT
                Signature : DSA/SHA1, Do 11 Mai 2017 11:32:30 CEST, Key ID bb1af2330f2672c8
                Source RPM : Mesa-17.1.0-679.1.src.rpm
                Build Date : Do 11 Mai 2017 14:00:00 CEST
                Build Host : lamb51
                Relocations : (not relocatable)
                Vendor : obs://build.opensuse.org/X11
                URL : http://www.mesa3d.org
                Summary : System for rendering interactive 3-D graphics
                Description :
                Mesa is a 3-D graphics library with an API which is very similar to
                that of OpenGL.* To the extent that Mesa utilizes the OpenGL command
                syntax or state machine, it is being used with authorization from
                Silicon Graphics, Inc.(SGI). However, the author does not possess an
                OpenGL license from SGI, and makes no claim that Mesa is in any way a
                compatible replacement for OpenGL or associated with SGI. Those who
                want a licensed implementation of OpenGL should contact a licensed
                vendor.

Please do not refer to the library as MesaGL (for legal reasons). It's
                just Mesa or The Mesa 3-D graphics library.

* OpenGL is a trademark of Silicon Graphics Incorporated.
                Distribution: X11:XOrg / openSUSE_Tumbleweed

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

usually the newest you can see there. I can confirm this from my tumbleweed box:

Informationen zu Paket llvm:
                  ----------------------------
                  Repository : Haupt-Repository (OSS)
                  Name : llvm
                  Version : 4.0.0-1.1
                  Thank you.
                  I hope to find time for testing tumbleweed on the weekend :-)

Comment

For those looking to keep track of the versions for some important bits of openSUSE Tumbleweed see http://tumbleweed.boombatower.com/.

Comment

Working...
                    X