Debian GNU/Linux 8.8 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mulenmar View Post

This "freedom is slavery" bullshit is getting REALLY old.

The point is to make sure you can use your computer, not get used by your computer
    Yeah, ok so computer ask me, or even order me to do some stuff, right? But seriously now.
    There is no such thing as freedom. It's a hippy slogan as there are only choices. So as I wrote already a system that 'forces' on you idea of freedom doesn't give you one.

and to ensure that if you DO install proprietary, barely-debugable, unfixable crap on your machine, you did so because you were knowledgeable about the risks involved and made a fully-informed decision to do so...and weren't bamboozled* into installing or using it.
    Are you assuming like others here did already that I don't know what I am doing? Or that my decisions are based on fanboyism?

If you decided to spend money on something without doing your research first, that's your own failure as a consumer. If you decide to stroke your ego instead of working to change things to be less locked-in, anti-consumer-rights, and anti-innovation, that's your own failure as a human being. Don't waste everyone's time with willful ignorance just to fit in with the herd mentality...or to troll poorly, for that matter.

* for values of "bamboozled" wherein the user is only given a brief, incomplete explanation. Or is just too stupid to bother researching further.
    Yeaah it's rather bright as sun that you are assuming something here. It was only you who wasted time on pointless comment based only on, yea I know I'm repeating myself, assumptions. If you don't know something then ask. Don't assume. So it is not me who is ignorant btw but that was your decision. But thx for your good intentions anyway.

And I don't strike my ego. I'm just to old for that.

And I thought that means something. But maybe I was wrong.

Comment

Working...
    X