Debian Issues Statement Over Arrested Russian Developer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Typical manipulation
    He likes kitties and he was arrested by Russian authorities for liking a kitty and accused of supporting terrorism.
    He likes flowers and he was arrested by Russian authorities for liking a rose and accused of supporting terrorism.
    He uses Tor and he was arrested by Russian authorities for using Tor and accused of supporting terrorism.

2. He called for armed riot. One officer died. If it happen in US... your know. In Russia it had took two weeks to get the court order to arrest him.

3. OMG! Source is medusa.io. Poor phoronix.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      of course that will not happen. ussr will be dissolved again into small manageable parts
      Interestingly enough, there are Russian nationalists that actually want that to happen. After all, what's the point of having a country that has all these other nations in it? They just make things difficult in both ways. Aggressive politics is likewise a bad idea and just makes life harder for no reason, whereas peaceful cooperation with others would make everything much more manageable. That would finally make Russia a place by Russians for Russians. Solzhenycin was an example of such a view. Unfortunately, as far as we can tell, the ultranationalists who like aggressive expansion (and don't know what's good for them) are winning instead. And of course the regime tries to do everything to stay in power.

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post
        Luckilly, you are not punisher
        yes, my punishment wouldn't be so harsh

Comment

Maybe you should consider sports or investing your time in topics you are familiar with.
          said russian idiot after posting link to us debt

Comment

Believe whatever you want but you may consider not to talk about topics you ahve no clue about, especially in insulting manner, picture says more than 1000 words:
            https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...t_debt_gdp.jpg
            I am not going into the minefield of an discussion you are having with several people in here, but that image is incorrect. I found faults in all the scandinavian countries, and also UK. I assumed that these % are from 2015-2016. But even if they are older they are still incorrect. I have not checked the US or russian figures, so i will not comment on those, but 5 out of the 5 i checked were wrong, so I assume there are more errors... So in this case, pictures are less accurate than words....

Kind regards
            Brut.

Comment

Tribalistic trolls trouble thread telling tale of Tor "terrorist" (*tpphtttt!*), film at ten.
              Last edited by mulenmar; 17 April 2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

We should stand in solidarity with this hero arrested by Putin's gangster regime for encouraging resistance and helping provide the necessary tools with which to do so. That said, similar considerations apply here in the US. Trump is a lot like Putin and many believe he would never have gotten into power without help from Trump.

We just had 230 people mass arrested and charged with major felonies for protesting Trump's inauguration. Even before Trump serious felonies were being charged against those organizing resistance to the Dakota Access Pipeline and similar projects. No way in hell I would serve a Tor exit node and a protest website off the same IP address or the same physical server unless there was no way to prove ownership. Otherwise I would fully expect the FBI to simply wait for say, tweets from known Daesh accounts to originate from of the Tor exit node and then charge us as the originators of the offending material. By the time it got to court it would be moot due to the storm of press about alleged connections to Daesh or whatever.

Tor exit nodes should be served from countries with reputations as safe harbors or by those with no other visible reasons to be targets. Also can be anonymous: just imagine a bunch of totally illegal Raspberry Pi tor exit node servers set up piggybacked on the networks of corporations targeted by protest organizers, or even on the networks used by opposition servers. We get the Tor bandwidth, the neo-Nazis, the alt-right, and pipeline funding banks get the questions about who is Tweeting out Daesh propaganda.

Tor is a tool, it works for anyone who needs it. Banning Tor is like banning matches because arsonists can use them.

Comment

What's the matter with you people? The real news here is that his Debian keys are being suspended. Political activist, protest organizer and runs a Tor exit node, naturally in Russia this means he must be a terrorist, by the way all those things are completly legal. So Debian suspended his keys based on an acusation? I understand if he would be sentenced of terrorism, but is it not inocent untill proven guilty?

Comment

Originally posted by Brutalix View Post

I am not going into the minefield of an discussion you are having with several people in here, but that image is incorrect. I found faults in all the scandinavian countries, and also UK. I assumed that these % are from 2015-2016. But even if they are older they are still incorrect. I have not checked the US or russian figures, so i will not comment on those, but 5 out of the 5 i checked were wrong, so I assume there are more errors... So in this case, pictures are less accurate than words....

Kind regards
                    Brut.
                    Ofc. it is incorrect, main source is CIA factbook if i remmember corectly, but even by them (they use factbook internaly). Main point i wanted to make by this image (and yes, numbers are from 2016, it's per year avg i think), is that under Yeltsin for example, that "green" you see for Russia would be BLACK, not red or dark red.

Those "protesters" knowingly or not, work for that situation again to happen, and that simply will not happen, people there know exactly what they lived trough. I'm not arguing with people who simply are not competent enough for this topic, so don't worry about entering "discussion" with some relevant opinion.

You see, unlike most of posters here who are writting so much nonsense, mostly from ignorance, I have some personal experience with those things, "organizations" sponsored by "organization that shall not be named" and so on, even back then, when some "friends" tried to involve me in that, I saw there's something fishy, and refused it, so I assume that person who is math "teacher" is smarter than 14 years old kid..., so I believe he's innocent, and exit nodes got him in trouble.

And i personally know who were people who organized criminal regime change in Ukraine for example, and unfortunatelly, to my shame, they are from my place...

Comment

Originally posted by AlB80 View Post
                      1. Typical manipulation
                      He likes kitties and he was arrested by Russian authorities for liking a kitty and accused of supporting terrorism.
                      He likes flowers and he was arrested by Russian authorities for liking a rose and accused of supporting terrorism.
                      He uses Tor and he was arrested by Russian authorities for using Tor and accused of supporting terrorism.

2. He called for armed riot. One officer died. If it happen in US... your know. In Russia it had took two weeks to get the court order to arrest him.

3. OMG! Source is medusa.io. Poor phoronix.
                      Good! While not much, one dead Russian "soldier" is a start.

If our "leaders" actually had balls, Putin and his officers would be tried and executed at The Hague.

Comment

Working...
                      X