Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snap Support Available On Fedora 24 And Newer

Phoronix: Snap Support Available On Fedora 24 And Newer

While Unity 8 and Mir may be on their way out, Canonical continues backing Snappy and the involved developers have got Snap support integrated into Fedora 24 and newer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

AFAIK, Linux only allows 1 LSM at a time. So, Snap should support SELinux too. Flatpak goes on SELinux. they sould support AppArmor.

Comment

Originally posted by Filiprino View Post
      AFAIK, Linux only allows 1 LSM at a time. So, Snap should support SELinux too. Flatpak goes on SELinux. they sould support AppArmor.
      Flatpak does not use SELinux.

Comment

Originally posted by Sesivany View Post

Flatpak does not use SELinux.
        They plan to do so.

Comment

Great, just what I was waiting for. Thanks for the free software Mark!

Comment

Good. I don't consider myself as a Canonical shill but snap is IMO a better design that RedHat's Flatpak and seems to be outpacing Flatpak in third-party developer support. Having first-class snap support on Fedora will be a win for everyone.

Comment

This is a rather good development! I am looking forward to what snap and flatpack can do to the software distribution channels in the OSS world

Comment

Originally posted by Filiprino View Post
                They plan to do so.
                No, they don't.

Comment

Krita uses appimage:
                  Website of David Revoy (aka Deevad), artist and instructor using only Free/Libre and Open-Source software since 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Sesivany View Post

No, they don't.
                    Yes they do: https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/wiki

Comment

Working...
                    X