AC3 Codec Coming For Fedora 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s_j_newbury View Post
    There is latency but it isn't that bad. I currently use live 5.1 encoding to to dca @48k/24bit over S/PDIF through pulseaudio with a high quality custom resampler since the latency is slightly lower than a/52 encoding. With mpd I'm pretty satisfied with it for everything I've thrown at it.
    Live encoding or decoding? Because playing a DVD for example over SPDIF with 5.1 channels is possible even through plain ALSA. But I haven't found a way where I can, for example, take a surround-sound compatible game and make it encode to DD.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post

Live encoding or decoding? Because playing a DVD for example over SPDIF with 5.1 channels is possible even through plain ALSA. But I haven't found a way where I can, for example, take a surround-sound compatible game and make it encode to DD.
      Live encoding. Use alsa plugins. https://colin.guthr.ie/2010/12/bobby...-5-1-surround/

Comment

There is latency but it isn't that bad. I currently use live 5.1 encoding to to dca @48k/24bit over S/PDIF through pulseaudio with a high quality custom resampler since the latency is slightly lower than a/52 encoding. With mpd I'm pretty satisfied with it for everything I've thrown at it.
        What brands of dac / pc interface are you using?

Comment

How have I not known about this for so long!? I've google searched this kind of thing many times and could never come up with any useful answers - just people saying stuff like "VLC or mplayer will play your movies using DD" and I'm like "yeah I know that, but I want live encoding!"
          Though to be fair, I cringe whenever I have to edit something like .asoundrc. I knew about the a52 ALSA plugin but I figured that was just used to process DD/DTS audio files.

I need to try this when I get home. Thanks for the link! Maybe now I can finally ditch my analog cables.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

What brands of dac / pc interface are you using?
            Onboard Realtek ALC889 -> TOSLINK -> Sony STR-DB780 Receiver

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
              It seems some patent pages mention that mp3 still has 3 patents more to go, the rest will expire in few weeks. For example
              This page: https://www.tunequest.org/a-big-list...ents/20070226/ mentions patents that expire in August and December.

Comment

Working...
              X