No announcement yet.

Fedora 27 Aiming To Drop Out Alpha Releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to Phoenix acting like the world ended when Ubuntu killed marking alpha for the same reason as Ubuntu. Redhat related things sure have a pussy pass around here.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
      I don't see how what Ubuntu does is relevant. Yes, Rawhide has always been rolling but it hasn't had stability guarantees before
      It's relevant because Ubuntu dropped the alpha-release game in favour of the stability-guaranteedrolling-release dev version some years ago, and the world did not end. In fact, it resulted in higher quality for less effort, proving it's OK to follow that model. Fedora is switching to that model because it's a good idea, and there is nothing wrong at all with adopting a good idea and acknowledging why. We're all better for various developers doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
        I don't see how what Ubuntu does is relevant. Yes, Rawhide has always been rolling but it hasn't had stability guarantees before
        how? fedora used to be the Leaders, now they follow Distro's like Debian an Ubuntu, to get that innovation

Comment

Now Fedora has to introduce something in vein of AUR and we have a winner here.

Comment

Working...
          X