Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server/Workstation Tests: Antergos vs. Clear Linux vs. Fedora vs. Scientific Linux vs. Ubuntu vs. openSUSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server/Workstation Tests: Antergos vs. Clear Linux vs. Fedora vs. Scientific Linux vs. Ubuntu vs. openSUSE

Phoronix: Server/Workstation Tests: Antergos vs. Clear Linux vs. Fedora vs. Scientific Linux vs. Ubuntu vs. openSUSE

Here is a fresh round of some out-of-the-box Linux distribution tests when focusing on different server/workstation workloads. Featured in this comparison is Antergos 17.2-Rolling, Clear Linux 13200, Fedora 25, Scientific Linux 7.3, Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS, Ubuntu 16.10, and openSUSE Tumbleweed 20170205.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronxi View Post
    The other Phoronxi Test Suite self tests were close.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typo:
      Fixed, thanks. Must have noticed it when I was re-reading it about the same time as you reading it :/
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Are you using Fedora Workstation or Fedora Server for this? There are several key differences in the default configuration (ext4 vs. xfs, for example), and we're looking at possibly using different io elevator options in the future.

Comment

The Clear Linux optimizations make me wonder how this would compare to Gentoo with -march=native, but apparently Gentoo has an aura of terror in internet!

PS: I think it's lies, and everyone has celerons 440! Withut renice. (Because that chip costs ~1 euro)

Comment

Originally posted by mattdm View Post
            Are you using Fedora Workstation or Fedora Server for this? There are several key differences in the default configuration (ext4 vs. xfs, for example), and we're looking at possibly using different io elevator options in the future.
            This was with Fedora 25 Workstation.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

How come Fedora and openSUSE didn't run PTS self test?

Comment

Originally posted by edgar444 View Post
                The Clear Linux optimizations make me wonder how this would compare to Gentoo with -march=native, but apparently Gentoo has an aura of terror in internet!

PS: I think it's lies, and everyone has celerons 440! Withut renice. (Because that chip costs ~1 euro)
                There's no aura of terror or anything like that around Gentoo. These are all distros that can be installed in 10 minutes in an easily automated manner. They also highlighted workstation use, and it's implied for a wide scale roll out. There's nothing wrong with Gentoo, but it's for a very different scenario. It's great if not the best for that scenario, but that isn't this scenario.

Comment

Working...
                X