Clear Linux's Latest Performance-Optimizing Effort: Greater PHP Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Linux's Latest Performance-Optimizing Effort: Greater PHP Performance

Phoronix: Clear Linux's Latest Performance-Optimizing Effort: Greater PHP Performance

Developers working on Intel's Clear Linux distribution have taken to performance tuning of their stock PHP packages during their migration from PHP5 to PHP7...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why would anybody incorporate PHP into their distro is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
      Maybe because it's the most widely used server side language?
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Haters are going to hate.

Comment

Plenty of websites are running on PHP, including Phoronix. Personally, I have my website running with a custom Rust web server.

Comment

Some benchmarks of nodejs running on various platforms would be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
              Plenty of websites are running on PHP, including Phoronix. Personally, I have my website running with a custom Rust web server.
              Also, Facebook, Slack... granted both Facebook and Slack have had to diversify a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

Also, Facebook, Slack... granted both Facebook and Slack have had to diversify a bit.
                lol - love the understatement! top work

Comment

Ubuntu, Fedora, Suse ... pleeeeaaaasssse start using features that have been provided by GCC for ages, instead of lazily compile everything with -O2 and punisch users with 10-20% lower performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
                    Ubuntu, Fedora, Suse ... pleeeeaaaasssse start using features that have been provided by GCC for ages, instead of lazily compile everything with -O2 and punisch users with 10-20% lower performance.
                    What should be done, according to you? (Honestly being curious here.)

Comment

Working...
                    X