Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snapcraft 2.26 Released For Ubuntu Snappy Packages

Phoronix: Snapcraft 2.26 Released For Ubuntu Snappy Packages

For developers packaging their software in Snaps for Ubuntu and other supported operating systems, Snapcraft 2.26 is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Where do I find Snaps?
    What software are packaged as Snap?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Where do I find Snaps?
      Snaps are containerised software packages that are simple to create and install. They auto-update and are safe to run. And because they bundle their dependencies, they work on all major Linux systems without modification.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Where do I find Snaps?
        For info:
        Snaps are containerised software packages that are simple to create and install. They auto-update and are safe to run. And because they bundle their dependencies, they work on all major Linux systems without modification.

For Apps:

Comment

Are snaps applicable to server applications?

See there are postgres snaps but it's not clear if snaps could work as a suitable replacement for docker containers on the server.
          Is there a self-hosted repository that can be setup?
          Am interested in containers for development/deployment more then the isolation.

Comment

Working...
          X