Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMP 2.10 Coming, GIMP May Re-Target To GTK4 Rather Than GTK3

Phoronix: GIMP 2.10 Coming, GIMP May Re-Target To GTK4 Rather Than GTK3

The GEGL/GIMP team have decided some details concerning GIMP 2.10 as well as the future GIMP updates with GTK3, which may now be GTK4 instead...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael: The heading and the text body seems to have lost some words, but I think I can make sense of it

Comment

Possible typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      As well this wee, GIMP 2.8.20 was released for those sticking to stable GIMP releases.

Comment

It feels like I only ever come here to correct misunderstandings

This bit here:

"Currently blocking the GIMP 2.10 release is needing to introduce the linear workflow, rework the layer modes,"

suggests that this is some sort of TODO, while it's actually WIP and available in Git master branch for everybody.

Comment

Well, considering the rate of development for GIMP, might as well skip GTK3. By the time Gimp has complete GTK4 support, Gnome 4 might be released.

Comment

Glad to see them skip the hilarious 3.n releases of the Gimp Toolkit. Tells worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by timtas View Post
              Glad to see them skip the hilarious 3.n releases of the Gimp Toolkit. Tells worlds.
              Good to know there are still idiots within the Linux community

Comment

Originally posted by timtas View Post
                That joke might have been clever a couple of decades ago. Because it's been almost that long it's been since GIMP had anything to do with the GTK+ project... they're still in the name, but for all practical purposes, it's been the GNOME Toolkit since the late 90's, even before GTK+1 came out.

Comment

I thought GTK4 wasn't available on Windows and Mac and GTK3 was which makes this skip confusing.

As a Linux-only user it doesn't effect me but it seems like a important thing to not consider when running the show.

Comment

GTK development is so slow. I wish they had more developers, or released more often so they didn't have to wait for all features to be complete before they make a release.

Comment

Working...
                    X