Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora vs. Ubuntu vs. openSUSE vs. Clear Linux For Intel Steam Gaming Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

So did my kids friend do as his first Linux distribution. I wonder why, Solus uses 800 MB ram after boot while Debian testing Xfce 200 MB and Xfce is freely configurable and ready while Budgie is under construction. Solus has very small number of developers and not so many fast servers as Debian has. Debian testing is compatible to Oipaf and Padoka yakkety ppas too. Create a custom non debug kernel and use 300Hz timer, computer will run faster. Also disable and uninstall unnedeed services and modules, see systemd-analyze blame.
    First of all: Solus uses around 400 MB on my laptop and I didn't tweak it. So 800 MB is false. Yes, Solus has a very small number of developers but they are pushing updates faster than Arch or AUR a lot of times (for example, it can take 12 hours-5 days to get a new vivaldi-snapshot update on Arch (from AUR) while Solus pushes it almost instantly). And the updates are downloaded in a jiffy, so they do have fast enough servers. So while they're a small team, they are hard and fast workers.

But me and a few others already corrected you a few times regarding Solus' RAM usage, so please stop spreading that FUD.
    Last edited by Vistaus; 06 March 2017, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X