Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antergos vs. Fedora vs. Ubuntu vs. openSUSE vs. Debian 9 vs. Clear Linux For Early 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Thanks, this was really a great article

Comment

Michael. Sincere thanks for putting the Blender benchmarks in there.

Comment

Clear Linux really improving. I hope they are sponsoring you a little bit.

Comment

It would be cool to test Solus too since it uses some of Clear Linux optimizations.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Huh???
            I mean that you missed astergos result in some benchmark other times you missed fedora in other benchmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Well, if something is missing from a test, what do you assume: that it hadn't completed that test or because Michael failed to include the result because reasons? Use common sense, it works wonders.
              I shouldn't need to assume anything, that's the point, it's not clear at all.

Michael misses spelling errors and other details all the time, so I'm pointing out a flaw in the article that he didn't bother to mention why and we have to go to the forum for comments to find out why.

What if the PTS had a bug, Michael didn't notice in his haste to post more content and wanted to know about it? How are we to assume anything?

You can't use "common sense" to disregard stuff like this, it makes you look like a tool.

Comment

well if clear linux wasnt completely useless- (no package manager) it would be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
                  well if clear linux wasnt completely useless- (no package manager) it would be interesting
                  "swupd" and bundles aren't exactly a package manager, but it's for adding optional content....
                  what part are you missing really?

Comment

Originally posted by NihilMomentum View Post
                    It would be cool to test Solus too since it uses some of Clear Linux optimizations.
                    Exactly my thoughts when I was reading the article. +1 for Solus

Comment

Note that all distros except Clear Linux are using the intel_pstate powersave cpu governor. Clear Linux is on acpi_cpufreq performance. I would be great to see a similar benchmark where all the compared distros are using the performance governor to truly see the effects of customized CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS.
                      Also, distros nowadays should be able to identify if you're running a laptop or not by simply checking if there's a battery present, and if there isn't one then they should set the cpu governor to performance, or at least on-demand. It should be as simple as defining a udev rule. Too many shoulds...

Comment

Working...
                      X