No announcement yet.

Mesa 13 Lands In Fedora 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any way of upgrading llvm to 3.9 or 4.0?

Comment

Nice. I like having packages that ate more updated post-release compared to Ubuntu. An upgrade to LLVM 3.9 (not 4.0) would finish it off for gamers using Radeon GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by kujeger View Post
        The vulkan drivers are there, they're just not pulled in automatically as part of of a dnf update run.

Install with dnf install mesa-vulkan-drivers
        Ah, thanks!

The article suggested it wasn't currently available at all.
        At least I interpreted it that way, without further checking...

Comment

Originally posted by gururise View Post
          A few.

The better way, though, is to create a copr for llvm.

Comment

Originally posted by gururise View Post
            Yes, I use this copr: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/che/mesa/
            Mind you, it's unofficial so don't complain if it blows in your face, but I use it successfully on two AMD machines without problems, it even has RADV.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
              Nice. I like having packages that ate more updated post-release compared to Ubuntu. An upgrade to LLVM 3.9 (not 4.0) would finish it off for gamers using Radeon GPU.
              This^

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post

Im not fan of waiting so long for things like this to arrive to the distro, that all. At least, it seems to be better than on ubuntu
                "Waiting so long"? Seriously? Mesa 13 came out just over a month ago - that's an amazingly quick turnaround for doing packaging, testing and releasing of a major upgrade to such a critical component... and even more so given that it happened while Fedora was in the middle of trying to get the F25 release out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post

Im not fan of waiting so long for things like this to arrive to the distro, that all. At least, it seems to be better than on ubuntu
                  Use Rawhide then, you'd get it the next day. Plus the thrill of not knowing if your OS will still boot after an update, so cool

Comment

Working...
                  X