Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brad0
    replied
    Ah, what a good feeling not having to deal with crappy ass systemd.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by suberimakuri View Post
    I saw this when first released and thought this would be interesting if systemd detractors are that numerous.
    Seems that wasn't the case. Everyone else has moved on.
    Afaik, true systemd detractors (not whiny dumb trolls) have moved to serious systemd-less distros like Gentoo and Void Linux.

There are some that claim they are on Gentoo but are actually trolling from Windows.

Leave a comment:

• Karl Napf
    replied
    The only factoid in the release announcement was a link to a recent presentation about devuan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMvyOGawNwo

Not that interesting either: A lot of moaning about how bad Debian was two years ago (with actual poll results), a bit of boosting about their infrastructure (followed by "we will rewrite the central piece soon"), and some outlandish claims about the numbers of devuan developers. He did make some points about devuan having a strong sysadmin backing. I do believe that, but unfortunately there does not seem to be any developer backing:-( Too bad. Somebody too keep systemd on their toes would be nice to have.

Leave a comment:

• suberimakuri
    replied
    I saw this when first released and thought this would be interesting if systemd detractors are that numerous.
    Seems that wasn't the case. Everyone else has moved on.

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    So years after the "everyone hates systemd" era ended, this is still in beta. Debian being up-to-date, as usual...

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by Veto View Post

Click bait exists because we - ahem - click on it. Flame wars exists because we write inflammatory forum messages...
    They both exist because idiots exist. Idiots who are currently both reading and writing to this thread... Ops.

Leave a comment:

• Veto
    replied
    Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
    The cynical side of me thinks you only mention Devuan at all for the click bait and ensuing systemdwars that usually ensue on the forums
    Click bait exists because we - ahem - click on it. Flame wars exists because we write inflammatory forum messages...

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    more flame for the flame god.

Leave a comment:

• froyo
    replied
    Ahahaha.... loosers.

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    The cynical side of me thinks you only mention Devuan at all for the click bait and ensuing systemdwars that usually ensue on the forums

Leave a comment:

Working...
X