X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.Ultra
    replied
    Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
    Troll more kids, this system is for men.
    Real man are not afraid of systemd

Leave a comment:

• Ardje
    replied
    Originally posted by Passso View Post

For men of the 90's?
    The only thing that link gave me was an almost fullscreen ad to play delta wars... There is about 0.01s that I see a picture. And of course clicking on the "close this ad" button opens a complete new window with more spam.
    abload.de is going in my blocklist.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by Passso View Post
    For men of the 90's?
    I don't think many of the 90's had 2560x1440 monitors

Leave a comment:

• Passso
    replied
    For men of the 90's?

Leave a comment:

• jacob
    replied
    Originally posted by froyo View Post
    Ahahaha.... loosers.
    Why losers? While I think systemd is a Good Thing, have no time for VUAs and am not interested in devuan, I don't know why we should laugh at people who don't whine and complain but actually get to work, fork a distro and develop it in a direction that suits them. That's exactly what open source is for, after all. Even if devuan only ever had 5 users, it would be a success for them as long as they manage to run the project, find it worth the effort and are happy with what it gives them.

Leave a comment:

• Amarildo
    replied
    Personally I don't care anymore. systemd works and it's GPL, it's all I care. I sure was afraid when I first tried it up, saying things like "whoa this is way more than an init system, it's bloated, it's such a dependency that they have too much power on their hands". The same with pulseaudio.

But on the other hand, it's not difficult to deal with, and if it makes the developers' lives easier, it's a win-win for everybody, I'm onboard.

And if it screws up, it will likely just be modified and forked. Or not, who knows. Maybe something better comes along. I don't care, all I want is to have a functional system to work, and systemd/sysvinit serve that purpose just fine (although systemd has tons of cool advantages over other models).

Leave a comment:

• ElectricPrism
    replied
    systemd, lets get rid of that thing that makes my life easier, and makes my linux look & function professionaly.

systemd-boot is the grub upgrade ive been waiting for.

units make managing mariadb, apache and other sortware uniform and simplified.

im glad theres another contender in the arena as a Plan B but systemd has done nothing but simplify administration and added uniformity to a otherwise chaotic console for me.

lets argue about how X is better than Y and pretend that learning curve doesnt play a factor.

i would love to learn all the vim keybindings but at the end of the day its not worth it.

same goes with devuan, yeah id love to sink a week into getting it going but #1 - i hate debian and #2 i dont have that kind of time to dedicate to a os that provides no real world benefits over what i have.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    I have to admit that I do like that UI setup, but I'll answer with a "OpenSUSE über alles" because Devuan is still Debian and I left it to never come back.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by brad0 View Post
    Ah, what a good feeling not having to deal with crappy ass sysvinit.
    fixed.

Leave a comment:

• oooverclocker
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X