The Systemd-Free Debian Fork Celebrates Its Second Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Michael & yall,

thanks for the heads up I had not realized two years had already passed and indeed happy birthday!

Pity there is an awful lot of noise in this thread, after all if you do not want to celebrate a birthday, simply feel free not to come to the party? That however, if far to simple - better to go all homicidal & try and kill a 2 year old? What is up with this species recently, they seem a tad more off colour, than usual.... Which is no small feet!

GreekGeek :-)

Comment

Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
      better to go all homicidal & try and kill a 2 year old?
      I like how you equate trolling on a forum to homicide.
      That's truly on the same scale I think.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        emphasis mine. other init systems don't react if programs misbehave, so for example mishbehaving programs get nuked on exit and you will never know they were misebehaving.
        Over-generalisation and also untruth. "Most other.."

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        EDIT: Here's what I'm saying, Systemd has a few concepts right. Although it's a gigantic bloated mess as a whole, there are bits and and pieces that make sense.
        Yeah, makes sense in a server. Not in a desktop. Do you use Mars lander for visiting grocery store on a regular basis? Simple init works well for it and is hell of a lot easier troubleshoot if need be.
        My "systemd-free" desktop

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
        Guys you join here to the article discussion for the second birthday of Devuan and all you write is how useless and stupid it was, that people supporting it were insane and so on.
        Now that some of us defend Devuan you write that you don't understand haters of systemd and that we waste our time to argue against it?

How would you like it when I came to your home telling you that your lifestyle totally sucked and all you do was bullshit, you weren't even accountable? And when you would try to explain why you do this I tell you that I don't understand why you hate me and attack me???

To make it clear: You are the missionaries who come here trying to force us to love systemd - but we do really live happily without it. And in the end, I don't care if you use it or not. And I wouldn't care what you think about it. But you attacked it entirely so at least you have to concede the right to explain the decisions and finally it's none of your business whether we keep supporting and using it.
        +1.
        It's topic about Devuan and somehow it's suddenly populated by pro-systemd crowd spreading hate and intolerance against anything different. Go into some other thread and you will find that same crowd complaining how unjust the "others" are and how they do their "stupid propaganda" not understanding how really great systemd is.

At one point you value personal freedom as you are seeing it in "open source", "free software" and in next moment wish to verbally crucify everyone liking non-mainstream view about that same open source and free software. Crowd wanting acceptance for their "free OS" but not willing to accept anyone different from themselves. Disgusting.

my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
        X