Fedora 25 Officially Released & I Highly Recommend It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anda_skoa View Post

That sounds like your distribution did not install the PAM plugin which unlocks the wallet on login.
    I.e. the same way gnome-keyring is unlocked.

If your distribution doesn't want security to be user friendly then that's their choice, it works flawlessly on Debian.

Though it is very strange that they would install the PAM support for gnome-keyring but not kwallet.

Cheers,
    _
    I have to admit, that I installed KDE afterwards. I don't know if I would have the same problem if I would have installed the KDE spin.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
      Just installed, so far the only bug I seem to have is that switching on and off "natural scrolling" for my laptop trackpad doesn't seem to do anything, it's always stuck in natural scroll mode, which I hate. Anyone having the same issue?
      It should be fixed in next mutter release. It's already fixed in git.

Comment

too hard put some pics or a video.

Comment

The first 2 things I disable in KDE after a install is disable Kwallet and the bouncing cursor. Man those are annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
            1. You have find the checksum accompanying the iso, which I haven't seen anywhere near the download link
            2. You need to have a checksum generator, which I have somewhere in my computer, need to search for it.

Why should I use this slow method when I have a configuration option on my torrent client to re-check the downloaded files automatically?
            it is not an option, torrent file is a list of checksums, so any torrent download checks integrity
            Oh, I forgot, in Linux everything must be done slower than necessary because we have time, we live 1000 years.
            well, if you want it to be faster, use fedora media writer or even dnf system-upgrade

Comment

default without working games and nvidia drivers, ok, I want play a game and need to switch session? or I'm wrong? if i'm not it's the most stupid i ever see

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
                Just installed, so far the only bug I seem to have is that switching on and off "natural scrolling" for my laptop trackpad doesn't seem to do anything, it's always stuck in natural scroll mode, which I hate. Anyone having the same issue?
                Are you sure you actually changed the *trackpad* setting? There are separate settings for mouse and trackpad, and if you just look through dconf-editor or something, you'll see the mouse one before the trackpad one (because alphabet). I made this exact same mistake with a fresh F25 install this week, took me five minutes to realize I was desperately poking the mouse setting not the trackpad one.

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post

It would be pretty nice if Fedora and the rest of the Linux distros discovered metalinks for downloads. With those, a good download extension like DownThemAll! can automatically do checksum verification, download from multiple mirrors and several other good tricks.
                  We don't actually want 'download mangers' thrashing our mirrors with multiple connection attempts; the mirrors get overloaded on release week as it is, this would only make that worse.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                    maybe it is time for you to discover checksum files accompanying isos ?
                    Too bad you can't use checksums to repair your download. When I was studying I had to share 64 kbps between 3 people. Browsers kept corrupting large downloads, torrents was my preferred way. Now I've got 20mbps fibre just for myself and I'm using chrome/firefox to download gigabytes of data. I noticed some Fedora mirrors that also supported rsync which is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
                      default without working games and nvidia drivers, ok, I want play a game and need to switch session? or I'm wrong? if i'm not it's the most stupid i ever see
                      What? No. If unsupported drivers are present, it automatically switches the session to XOrg. As for games, they should run fine in the default wayland session, but even if you have problems, you can always switch the session once and forget about it, because it will remember it for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X