Fedora 25 Officially Released & I Highly Recommend It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    Can someone point me to the torrent download page?
    I can't see any torrent links on their website.
    I don't trust web browser downloads when it comes to integrity.
    Also you don't trust mathematically proven SHA512 hashes signed by a PGP signature? It looks like you lost a huge chunk of reasoning some time in the past.

Also for some reasons you believe that torrent clients can never falter? Or that the underlying hardware may never have a bit swapped due to cosmic radiation? Great. You even lack common sense.

Comment

Just installed, so far the only bug I seem to have is that switching on and off "natural scrolling" for my laptop trackpad doesn't seem to do anything, it's always stuck in natural scroll mode, which I hate. Anyone having the same issue?

Comment

Are there media applications that are already wayland native?
        Maybe I'll upgrade my htpc, but if the videos are still using xwayland, not sure I'll get obvious benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
          Are there media applications that are already wayland native?
          Maybe I'll upgrade my htpc, but if the videos are still using xwayland, not sure I'll get obvious benefits.
          i would give it another half year at least before its fully ready, applications and everything.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              maybe it is time for you to discover checksum files accompanying isos ?
              I know about this but it has two stupid depedencies.
              1. You have find the checksum accompanying the iso, which I haven't seen anywhere near the download link
              2. You need to have a checksum generator, which I have somewhere in my computer, need to search for it.

Why should I use this slow method when I have a configuration option on my torrent client to re-check the downloaded files automatically?

Oh, I forgot, in Linux everything must be done slower than necessary because we have time, we live 1000 years.

Comment

I might have a stupid question but I'm running F24 with a GTX Titan Black and the Nvidia's blob. Should I wait or the drivers will correctly handle wayland?

Just asking: As someone is mentioning Arch in this thread, I'm thinking of switching from Fedora to Arch for my workstation. Is there any flaws I should be aware of or any nice thing I will miss from Fedora?

Comment

Originally posted by adakite View Post
                  I might have a stupid question but I'm running F24 with a GTX Titan Black and the Nvidia's blob. Should I wait or the drivers will correctly handle wayland?

Just asking: As someone is mentioning Arch in this thread, I'm thinking of switching from Fedora to Arch for my workstation. Is there any flaws I should be aware of or any nice thing I will miss from Fedora?
                  In GDM simply select "Gnome on Xorg". Login. Voila. Use GNOME on Xorg. Nothing is forcing you to use Wayland it's just the default session. The EGLStreams support works fine, but I don't know if that landed in F25 I'm using Mutter from Git on Arch. NVIDIA doesn't support Xwayland so if you need legacy apps you should stick with Xorg on NVIDIA.

Comment

[QUOTE=adakite;n913204]I might have a stupid question but I'm running F24 with a GTX Titan Black and the Nvidia's blob. Should I wait or the drivers will correctly handle wayland?/QUOTE]

You can upgrade to F25, you just won't be able to run GNOME on Wayland, GNOME will default to X if it detects you're using incompatible drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                      I really don't see your problem here. You want an app to insert your passwords automatically, but you'd rather that app itself was not password protected? Because that's what "inserts automatically my credentials" basically means.
                      Oh wait, you use other OSes that do exactly that. I guess I have my answer.
                      No, I don't want that KDE Wallet is that pushy. – I don't want even to use it! It appears for every reason. Sometimes I don't even know why. Once I had to insert my master password for a service called kded5 – I don't even know this service! KDE Wallet was bothering me for every littleness!

Comment

Working...
                      X