Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSUSE Leap 42.2 Arrives

Phoronix: OpenSUSE Leap 42.2 Arrives

Hitting the web this morning is the official release of openSUSE Leap 42.2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'll get it for lamp utilities.

Comment

Installed yesterday Suse, how to update?

Comment

Alredy updated one system today. All good so far.

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
        Installed yesterday Suse, how to update?

Comment

Should be "sudo zypper dup" from cli do a alt+shift+2 then run command.

Sæd they run å old kernel. After the change to leap i left from opensuse to anergos. But i now settled for ubuntu. While i wait for antergos to better its ability to install clean and easy to ZFS.

Why cant i write from the mobile version of the forum?
          Nexus 6p android 7

Comment

mesa 11.2.2 little out of date.

Comment

Originally posted by polo View Post
              mesa 11.2.2 little out of date.
              This is supposed to be a stable relase, for the bleeding edge they have Tumbleweed.
              From the release announcement:
              Leap is made to give stability-minded users and conservative technology adopters peace of mind

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                Next gen OpenSUSE Leap to have KDE 5.8. GNOME is optional. KDE seem to be more value than GNOME. Wise choice OpenSUSE.
                Fixed.

Comment

Gnome3 have reached a level of quality where it can be pushed directly to Debian Testing and RHEL 7.4 alpha without further testing.
                  Breaking news: GNOME 3 is the first software EVER that goes in unstable and testing branches of distros without being tested first.

Comment

Yeah it is good laugh that you don't understand the change of RHEL policy. Usually Gnome would need to prove its worth and stability in Fedora. Now RHEL will pull it much earlier.
                    Meanwhile, every other distro always dump all new software in the unstable branches to test it, GNOME included.

Comment

Working...
                    X