Mythbuntu Linux Distribution Discontinued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    It is your job to prove that ubuntu is the most popular. Steam is not a good source, because many users do not use steam or use steam with wine.
    Who the fuck claimed Ubuntu is the most popular anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      It is your job to prove that ubuntu is the most popular.
      No, it's your job to stop talking out your ass (like you do in a lot of your posts) and use relevant sources to back up your claims. I never personally said anything about Ubuntu being the most popular (or not).

Steam is not a good source, because many users do not use steam or use steam with wine.
      Did anyone suggest it was?

Comment

I have used MythTV for many years and for my use case, it is MUCH better than Kodi! The recording and playback functionality is fantastic - although I am thinking of attempting to write a full blown Android front end (full functionality) for it (as a native Android TV application) so that I can have the full functionality of the front end (rather than the limited functionality offered by the Kodi plug-in) without having to run another (admittedly tiny) Ubuntu PC as my front end (and yes I do like other distros as well!). A lot of work but I'll give it a go. The existing MythTV front ends on Android are a bit meh in my opinion.

Comment

Dangnabit, Just found out as I as was thinking of building my 3rd (ok 4th) machine Oh well the project is still packaging mythtv.

I have been using MythTV and MythBuntu since 2008 to about 2010 when my 1st dedicated myth FE/BE machine (MiniITX Via C3) died. Then from 2012 I have been running Mythbuntu BackEnd on a old x86 thin client with USB storage served to the TV via DLNA/UPNP.

Was thinking if I should build another or just stick to "catch up tv" VoD services the free to air channels offer. My problem is some VoD is low quality/low bit rate and most smart TVs VoD apps are only supported till the TV manufacturer feels like it.

Comment

Working...
          X