Ubuntu 17.04 ZZ Codename Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dxxvi View Post
    after this, ubuntu will become a rolling distro like Arch, I wish.
    Snappy is rolling. Currently most valuable for IoT and cloud, but we're getting servers and desktops as well. But Ubuntu as a distro will probably stay the way it is. Or at least I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post

Michael is doing everything alone: Writing articles, doing performance tests, hosting and maintaining his server, maintaining his benchmark suit and he can't afford any vacation, because people are using adblock nor pay for the articles.
      Anyway: I like even these simple articles. Thank you, Michael!
      I use noscript and request policy (which is not really ad blocking software but it has that effect). Main reason I went premium is because I don't really read any other news sources relating to linux dev.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
        The real question is what would come next.
        Maybe Mark Shuttleworth will switch from animals to something else (although A & C have yet to be used under the current convention).

Android Aspirant

Comment

Originally posted by zboson View Post

I did my PhD thesis at Fermilab on a search for ZZ to four leptons. At one point my biggest problem was the top quark background. I finally came up with a way to eliminate the top background. My next presentation had this as the cover slide

The ZZ Top Eliminator album.
          My PhD advisor still mentions that talk when I talk to him occasionally.
          Nice one good going !

Comment

Originally posted by eidolon View Post
            Maybe Mark Shuttleworth will switch from animals to something else (although A & C have yet to be used under the current convention).

Android Aspirant
            hahaha

Comment

If they have a real sense of humour they would continue with umlauts like Ä,Ö,Ü. Would be funny to see how that works out
              That reminds me of Fedora, when their release name contained an umlaut and their bugtracker broke down because of that: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=922433

Comment

I wish they would just stop with the names, and just use the numbers, evey time I follow some instructions, and they are listed by name, instead of number I have to look up what the name of my current distro is :-/
                Anyway for the next round of names, if they insist on still having them, I vote for profanities, like "crappy creeper" or "fucking furry" or something like that :-D

Comment

There have already been two releases with H (Hoary and Hardy) and W (Warty and Wily) so to think that they will not simply start over from A again is naive.

Comment

Originally posted by simonalsn View Post
                    I wish they would just stop with the names, and just use the numbers, evey time I follow some instructions, and they are listed by name, instead of number I have to look up what the name of my current distro is :-/
                    Anyway for the next round of names, if they insist on still having them, I vote for profanities, like "crappy creeper" or "fucking furry" or something like that :-D
                    "lsb_release -a" for the win.
                    Code:
                    f.ultra@kobol:~$ lsb_release -a
                    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
                    Description:    Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
                    Release:        16.04
                    Codename:       [B]xenial[/B]

Comment

Working...
                    X