Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenMandriva Lx 3.0 Released With Mesa 12.0, F2FS Support

Phoronix: OpenMandriva Lx 3.0 Released With Mesa 12.0, F2FS Support

The long-awaited OpenMandriva Lx 3.0 release finally happened this morning for this Mandriva (and long ago, Mandrake) derived Linux distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael could you benchmark this distro vs Ubuntu or Mageia? OpenMandriva use in default LLVM/Cland as only one distro and also use special kernel optimization. So, maybe this is good time to test it? Maybe it is like Clear Linux or not but worth to test it.

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
      Michael could you benchmark this distro vs Ubuntu or Mageia? OpenMandriva use in default LLVM/Cland as only one distro and also use special kernel optimization. So, maybe this is good time to test it? Maybe it is like Clear Linux or not but worth to test it.
      Came to say exactly the same!.. Even have the relevant quote from the release note in clipboard:

...compiled with LLVM/clang. Combined with the high level of optimization used for both code and linking (by enabling LTO) used in its building...
      I'm also thinking a LLVM/clang based distro would make a very interesting and useful addition to Phoronix's regular Ubuntu/ClearOS/friends performance tracking tests...

Comment

Should have said "..thinking this LLVM/clang based distro.." of course.

Why can't I edit my posts any more?

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Palmer View Post
          Why can't I edit my posts any more?
          vBulletin is crap, and does not spam-filter post edits, so bots were abusing this by posting innocent things then editing them into spam.
          Micheael has disabled the feature for non-Premium members until he can find a better way to deal with that.

Comment

That said, a distro compiled with LLVM does make a lot of sense in distro benchmarks.

Comment

I test it, definitely release of the year. It can't be better, everything works out-of-the-box, DDX xorg drivers, blazing fast Plasma, rock-solid performance. 10/10

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                vBulletin is crap, and does not spam-filter post edits, so bots were abusing this by posting innocent things then editing them into spam.
                Micheael has disabled the feature for non-Premium members until he can find a better way to deal with that.
                wouldnt matter what forum he has, there all shit forums. to have a forum like this is DEAD nowadays, its why a lot are jusat going to that ASK stuff like this https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/questions/

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  Thanks. That explains it!

Must have missed the memo.

Comment

Working...
                  X