Fedora 25 Alpha Freeze Goes Into Effect, Still Eyeing November Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post

Lol "GBOME", I meant GNOME. I assume Micheal took away editing rights on the forum.
    Seems to only be for some people and/or certain threads; post above this one is edited

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post

Ah, my bad. I thought the Alpha was already released. Googling "download Fedora 25" I got here:
      https://muug.ca/mirror/fedora/linux/...on/x86_64/iso/

But now I see it has yesterday's date. Maybe it ends up being the same as Alpha, but it is not labeled as such yet.
      Thanks for the link, the fedora25 isos from their servers are very slow (lving in Germany) - i think i try to use f25 as my daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post

Ah, my bad. I thought the Alpha was already released. Googling "download Fedora 25" I got here:
        https://muug.ca/mirror/fedora/linux/...on/x86_64/iso/

But now I see it has yesterday's date. Maybe it ends up being the same as Alpha, but it is not labeled as such yet.
        I may miss something but the iso for x64 in that link wont start in live usb mode, neither in virtual box? It seems to be broken.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by gotwig View Post

I may miss something but the iso for x64 in that link wont start in live usb mode, neither in virtual box? It seems to be broken.
            Hmm, well, when I downloaded the ISO, it had a different date. It looks like it was updated today and perhaps something broke. I installed it on VirtualBox, no problems found...
            Maybe you can check back on that link in the coming days, until you get a working snapshot! I would gladly send you my "working" ISO, but I deleted it already.

Also, I am realizing now that I read "Alpha" and I assumed it was out. This was only the Alpha *freeze*, oops. You can wait 2 weeks and get the actual alpha, which will surely work much better.

Comment

Working...
            X