The State Of Debian's Paid Long Term Support Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium

the people just mix up the very good results opensource for amd gcn1.2 with the old gen R600.

in my knowelege R600 opensource driver was never on the same level than catalyst.
    Actually the truth is r600g surpassed Catalyst in performance long before radeonsi surpassed.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      Nope, that can't play GL4 games of course, because hardware does not support that, blah. blah... sort of what Sandy Bridge iGPUs can do with games, those can do to
      I'm pretty sure the GPU power in such old cards isn't enough to play quite a few decent GL3 games too.

Intel iGPUs support up to GL 4.5 in hardware. Are they powerful enough to do any decent 3D game, nope.

Can you play Uncharted 4 on PC?
      Yes, why not. https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.ne.../en/index.html

Ah you meant ON, not FROM... , stupid question gets a stupid answer.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        Actually the truth is r600g surpassed Catalyst in performance long before radeonsi surpassed.
        Truth is somewhere in between AFAIR back in 2004. when RH devs figured out HyperZ for the first time, radeon surpassed fglrx too in some cases But not for long and situation is now similar to that
        Last edited by dungeon; 10 July 2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          Yes, why not. https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.ne.../en/index.html

Ah you meant ON, not FROM... , stupid question gets a stupid answer.
          That was figurative question, with point that user knows what he is doing

Comment

Truth is somewhere in between AFAIR back in 2004. when RH devs figured out HyperZ for the first time, radeon surpassed fglrx too in some cases But not for long and situation is now similar to that
            Benchmarks speak louder than your words.

EDIT: So far your tactic is to mention ancient circumstances. 2001, 2004 was a hell of a long time ago in computer science. You might as well be talking about Hellenistic Greeks.
            Last edited by duby229; 10 July 2016, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Benchmarks speak louder than your words.
              Indeed, run slower Xonotic benchmark on opensource driver and enjoy

Comment

Indeed, run slower Xonotic benchmark on opensource driver and enjoy
                Unless of course your a gamer and tune the game to get close to your monitors refresh rate, at which point the OSS drivers perform at a higher configuration. But I guess wasting hundreds of frames per second is a good thing in your mind.

Comment

Unless of course your a gamer and tune the game to get close to your monitors refresh rate, at which point the OSS drivers perform at a higher configuration. But I guess wasting hundreds of frames per second is a good thing in your mind.
                  "Benchmarks speak louder than your words"

Comment

can you show me an article about this? maybe i just lag on informations.

also please no quake3 tests some modern games please.
                    You know just as well as I do that a lot of games depend on gl4.3 so a lot of recent games don't launch. But that is not the point I was trying to make. That will improve once fp64 gets an adequate solution. Admittedly many of the games that do run are idtech2 titles, but Steam has quite a few Unity3d engine games and custom engine games that run just fine anyways. Most of them will run at many hundreds of FPS at default settings.

I did search google for r600g benchmarks within the last year, Phoronix benches are as you say, and many many other links back to phoronix. Youtube has many r600g benchmark recordings, but I just don't have the patience for video benchmarks.

(and I have no clue how to navigate openbenchmarking.org, stumped)
                    Last edited by duby229; 10 July 2016, 06:16 PM.

Comment

can you show me an article about this? maybe i just lag on informations.

also please no quake3 tests some modern games please.
                      There is no link as such, duby229 saw bombastic title once and think that is final .., Really, it is infinite game of catch up to fglrx as far as i remember and i remember a lot sometimes it touched perf in some cases for some asics and sometimes is nowhere near:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...4gallium&num=1

But soon after, fglrx boosted it again as there is no definitive peformance for them too so if you have it once in one or couple cases, that is not really final story
                      Last edited by dungeon; 10 July 2016, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X