Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 24 Officially Released: Powered By Linux 4.5 & GNOME 3.20

Phoronix: Fedora 24 Officially Released: Powered By Linux 4.5 & GNOME 3.20

Fedora 24 is now officially available!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So far, everything is running smoothly, but fonts still look awful (to me). I've tried using the Tweak Tool to change Aliasing and Hinting to Slight/RGBA, installing freetype-freeworld, and etc, but nothing looks good. I'd try the nvidia proprietary driver, but RPMFusion doesn't have them compiled yet. I may reinstall and leave them be.
    Last edited by bjoswald; 21 June 2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

The Fedora Free Media Program does ship Fedora DVDs to many countries, like Afghanistan, ..., Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, ... Saudi Arabia, ... but not Iran. Damn! I thought this was FLOSS.

Comment

Originally posted by bjoswald View Post
        So far, everything is running smoothly, but fonts still look awful (to me). I've tried using the Tweak Tool to change Aliasing and Hinting to Slight/RGBA, installing freetype-freeworld, and etc, but nothing looks good. I'd try the nvidia proprietary driver, but RPMFusion doesn't have them compiled yet. I may reinstall and leave them be.
        http://negativo17.org/nvidia-driver/ looks to have an updated NVIDIA graphics driver.

On the note of RPM Fusion; does it work on F24? I mainly need it for some gstreamer packages (fluendo-mp3 and libav).

Comment

Originally posted by amp3030 View Post
          The Fedora Free Media Program does ship Fedora DVDs to many countries, like Afghanistan, ..., Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, ... Saudi Arabia, ... but not Iran. Damn! I thought this was FLOSS.
          That because, in the U.S., there is trade restriction with Iran on certain product, so they would be liable, if they did ship to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post

http://negativo17.org/nvidia-driver/ looks to have an updated NVIDIA graphics driver.

On the note of RPM Fusion; does it work on F24? I mainly need it for some gstreamer packages (fluendo-mp3 and libav).
            Yep, just go to Software and Add-ons, then Codecs. Should be all there.

Comment

Originally posted by amp3030 View Post
              So what? download it with bittorrent (Transmission) and never compare Iran to those countries okay?

Comment

Working...
              X