Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspbian Update Released With Pi 3 Bluetooth UI, SD Card Copier

Phoronix: Raspbian Update Released With Pi 3 Bluetooth UI, SD Card Copier

For those using Raspberry Pi's Debian-based operating system, a major update is available this Friday morning for Raspbian...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice timing. My pi3 was just ordered Wednesday.

Comment

Kernel 4.4
      This is what you get when you opt for higher priced but community supported & more open hardware.

Comment

When is the OpenGL 2.1 support going to be on by default?

Comment

Satisfied with Odroid-C2, which is really better.
          It has 1000Mb ethernet, HDMI 2.0, HEVC not shared usb/ethernet bus like rPi. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
            When is the OpenGL 2.1 support going to be on by default?
            I assume you mean the hardware accelerated OpenGL driver? A while I guess. For me the driver works great with certain open source opengl games and applications, but it is pretty fragile (like it craps out if you enable more than 128MB of graphics RAM) and stops some other apps/hardware from working. It is very cool still though.

Comment

Originally posted by noonespecial View Post

I assume you mean the hardware accelerated OpenGL driver? A while I guess. For me the driver works great with certain open source opengl games and applications, but it is pretty fragile (like it craps out if you enable more than 128MB of graphics RAM) and stops some other apps/hardware from working. It is very cool still though.
              Yes, I mean the hardware accelerated desktop OpenGL 2.1 driver.

Comment

Working...
              X