Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Passso View Post

6 month exactly and the popup will come, but smalls annoying bugs are generally all fixed in 1~2 months max.

So for a fresh install I would always stick to the last LTS (16.04) and for an upgrade, if you do not need a precise stuff, just wait a little.
    Per their release notes the 16.04.1 should be issued in *three* months, on July 21 2016.

Code:
    Users of Ubuntu 15.10 will be offered an automatic upgrade to 16.04 LTS
    via Update Manager shortly. Users of 14.04 LTS will be offered the
    automatic upgrade when 16.04.1 LTS is released, which is scheduled for
    July 21st. For further information about upgrading, see:

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/upgrade

Comment

After apt-get dist-upgrade from ubuntu 15.10 to 16.04, the system doesn't start at all, as usual.

The egl alternatives has been changed to nvidia-361, while libgl was still an symlink to mesa, so xserver couldn't start.

Gdm and lightdm weren't able to start. Lightdm needs lightdm-greeter, which is not installed as a dependency package.

My wireless keyboard stopped working because it is detected as unwanted joystick device. This device is indeed detected as joystick, but it is also a keyboard! I'm affraid that I will probably find more issues in several next days...

Comment

Kubuntu liveusb won't even load up under eufi.

Comment

4K/UHD is Toast in 16.04, via FGLRX :-/

Since this distro or Kubuntu is all about desktop, did not bother to research possible issues. System now defaults to 1080.

For more info, see (http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/03/u...x-driver-16-04 )

The new nVida GeForce GTX 1070 and 1080 are looking very promising.

Mmm.... Perhaps there is a workaround I have yet to find. More high-maintenance time..... Bother! :-/

GreekGeek

Comment

Kodi 15.2 (default in ubuntu 16.04) tested with SD with/out VDPAU, H264: 720p with/out VDPAU - 1080p with/out VDPAU -1080p 60fps with/out VDPAU - 1080p Hi 10 - 4K with/out VDPAU contents and works without problem in test

Comment

Originally posted by deve View Post
              After apt-get dist-upgrade from ubuntu 15.10 to 16.04, the system doesn't start at all, as usual.

The egl alternatives has been changed to nvidia-361, while libgl was still an symlink to mesa, so xserver couldn't start.

Gdm and lightdm weren't able to start. Lightdm needs lightdm-greeter, which is not installed as a dependency package.

My wireless keyboard stopped working because it is detected as unwanted joystick device. This device is indeed detected as joystick, but it is also a keyboard! I'm affraid that I will probably find more issues in several next days...
              This is why you should have waited 3 month

Comment

Working...
              X