Sadly, To Not Much Surprise, Fedora 24 Alpha Has Been Delayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tessio View Post
    A list of the blocking bugs would be nice..

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
      Perhaps they should not have dropped wayland as default as there still is plenty of time to make it work.
      Wayland 1.10 just didnt support enough stuff to be made default . Wayland 1.11 in F25 should have most support they need in it to make it Default. but some people forget, Wayland is just a Graphics Stack.

Comment

It's not so much a "delay" or "traditional", but rather that Fedora deliberately doesn't lock itself into a firm, fixed schedule. The project has guidelines that outline the issues that can block a release. Target dates are essentially organizational tools.

The nightlies are produced and made available every day.

Comment

People don't bother to look, then assume someone is hiding something.

Comment

F24 Alpha Go/No-Go meeting
            Are they deciding whether to include AlphaGo in Fedora or what?

I just had to. AlphaGo has been in the news lately and AlphaGo or no go meeting sounded funny.
            Last edited by Tomin; 18 March 2016, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
              Perhaps they should not have dropped wayland as default as there still is plenty of time to make it work.
              Gnome with Wayland is *not* dropped, it just doesn't look like it will be the default. You are very welcome to choose it from GDM as session and report any problems you see in bug trackers

Comment

Originally posted by buzzrobot View Post
                It's not so much a "delay" or "traditional", but rather that Fedora deliberately doesn't lock itself into a firm, fixed schedule. The project has guidelines that outline the issues that can block a release. Target dates are essentially organizational tools.
                "Its not a car, it just got 4 Wheels, a steeringwheel, 5 Seats, a bonnet, a trunk, a radio, an engine and a numberplate."

Comment

Originally posted by AdamW View Post
                  The release wasn't really 'delayed' two times before, we just changed the schedule. Early in the cycle the schedule is always a draft and subject to change.
                  That's what you call it. The rest of us are looking at how Canonical does it (i.e. they set some dates and stick to them) and then decide you're just delaying

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                    I've never had so many things broken due upgrade in Arch as when I did Fedora upgrade, and more, upgrading script broke itself :P
                    I can only speak for my experience regarding the upgrades of Fedora. I had a computer which hat Fedora 18 on it and it upgraded without problems to 19, then to 20, after that to 21, to 22 and to 23. That was the First distribution where upgrades worked for me (debian 4 to 5 and 5 to 6 and (k)ubuntu at around the same time always ended with a non bootable system. I cannot speak for arch though.

Though it would really be good if Fedora would add something like ffmpeg, mpv, obs-studio and other such free stuff to their repository (atleast for the workstation version).

Comment

Serious question; When was the last fedora release that wasn't delayed?
                      I'm not talking about delayed alpha, beta or rc. Just the final release in regards to the original schedule.

I can't find a "fedora releases delay overview", but am i right in guessing that there was never a Fedora (since it's named Fedora) release on schedule?
                      That the last - on schedule - release was Fedora Core <somenumber>?

Comment

Working...
                      X