Many thanks.

Comment

azrael, you are a god haha

Comment

Originally posted by lgrootnoob View Post
        azrael, you are a god haha
        Actually, HE'S THE ANGEL OF DEATH!

Comment

Has RPM Fusion gotten any better yet? Last I checked, F23 was still in testing and Rawhide had lacking support for months.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
            What desktop environment uses fedora?

Fedora 24 primary version will use Gnome 3.20. The current KDE spin is keeping reasonably up to date with all the KDE5 updates. What KDE packages are in F24 at release is likely difficult to pin down at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
              Has RPM Fusion gotten any better yet? Last I checked, F23 was still in testing and Rawhide had lacking support for months.
              RPMFusion has Fedora 23 support. But, AFAIK, the entire RPMFusion project is still a clusterfsck
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                Yeah the question was ambiguous, but implying that he's drunk? Harsh man, harsh.
                Is that harsh? o.O Does no one here occasionally drink while using a computer?
                All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

RPMFusion has Fedora 23 support. But, AFAIK, the entire RPMFusion project is still a clusterfsck
                  Ah, that's unfortunate. Fedora was my favorite OS for a good while, but I don't really want to deal with RPM Fusion again. Does there happen to be any other repos that provides sort-of-basic media packages (gstreamer and maybe libmad)?

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                  ...Technically gnome software is buggy and poorly designed, for example gnome 3 desktop, pulseaudio and networkmanager.
                  That's news to me Pretty sure I've never seen any of those things crash, and I've been using GNOME 3 for a few months now primarily. I will admit though that my time with Xfce was basically the same though. Plasma 5 on the other hand...

Gnome 3 desktop is a good way to keep windows users away from the linux world. You can not even create your own desktop shortcut and you have non configurable full screen app menu.
                  Do you mean a legitimate desktop shortcut, or a launcher shortcut? Both are possible.
                  Last edited by Guest; 17 March 2016, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

hmm with what do you compare it, its 1mio times better then the 10 million ppas you have to fiddle into your config in ubuntu. I think RPMFusion is one of the best unofficial package system of any distribution.

Could you argue why it is bad, when it could not work better in any way on my machines?

Comment

A year or two it was not possible to right click and create own launcher. Other ways are not ok, if you think people with windows background. I have read that now you can even move Gnome menu bar to top so it is starting looking like Xfce that uses less resources, is faster and is freely configurable. Last Xfce release was a year ago, gnome and kde are developed all the time and that causes poor quality.
                      Let's give this a bit of context: I loved KDE3. I now love XFCE. They're both environments that let you do what needs to be done, and don't get in the way. I like the idea behind KDE 4 and 5, but I find the execution to be subpar.

That said, XFCE development proceeds at a glacial pace. True, they don't subscribe to the "move fast and break things" school of thought, and I really like that, but migration to GTK3 for wayland support has been going for a long while, and is nowhere near finished. Stuff is mostly bug free, but when you find a bug/annoying "feature", you will have to live with it for a few years.

Constant releases (not to be confused with constant development) and software quality are only weakly correlated. Constant releases could mean constant bug fixes, or constant introduction of half-baked "new features" that are buggy and unfinished.

Comment

Working...
                      X