No announcement yet.

How Ubuntu 16.04 Is Performing Compared To Five Other Linux Distributions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu Debian, kinda the same thing. Anyway looks like MOST these advantages could easily be turned on in any of these distros, for example I always turn on DRI3 now, its one of the first things I do. Would be nice to know what compiler flags are being used with clear and if their safe to toggle on in other distros....

Comment

Originally posted by arjan_intel View Post
      We don't use any of the scary flags in Clear Linux. We do have mechanism for adding AVX2 for specific libraries as an automatic runtime-detected option (this helps the math workloads like R). We also have a lot of infrastructure to make it easy for us to use -O3 for performance sensitive parts of the OS while using the normal -O2 for the bulk of the OS (and -Os for some of the size sensitive parts).
      Thanks for those details, if performance is due to optimization then... good job

(I used to play too much with flags before and had a lot of surprise so I was puzzled about how you did achieve this)

Comment

For those interested in the Clear Linux features:

Comment

Seems to be a little bit more than just compiler optimizations. Check out all the patches in glibc alone!!

Comment

TuxInvader you should check also the openblas aproach

Comment

Working...
            X