Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Look At Ubuntu's Latest Convergent Designs

Phoronix: A Look At Ubuntu's Latest Convergent Designs

The Ubuntu Design Team has put out a fresh blog post detailing some of their latest work on the visual design of convergent apps and have included plenty of screenshots / mock-ups...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great! Every DE/WM team should have a separate team designated to just design (similar to KDE's VDG). It'll help SO MUCH in the long run.

Comment

For the desktop version, it would be cool to have client-side decorations and do away with that titlebar for the native applications such as Music.

To each their own, though.

Comment

I don't think Canonical has the man power to develope good and mature products for smartphone and tablets. Canonical has more than 500 employees and different products for desktop, server and cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
          I don't think Canonical has the man power to develope good and mature products for smartphone and tablets. Canonical has more than 500 employees and different products for desktop, server and cloud.
          So in your research of mobile OS development how many developers did you find are required?

Comment

Originally posted by Herem View Post

So in your research of mobile OS development how many developers did you find are required?
            When Android 1.0 was released, Google had 200-250 employees only for Android.

Comment

I think you'll find it was quite some time later that there were so many developers (2.x) releases. At the point at which Google bought out Android Inc. through to the 1st public release a couple of years later there were significantly were less developers.

Comment

I like to mention that Dekko (Email client) and Music App already converge on the phone, tablet and desktop. Here is a link to the post of the music-app devs where they show a working implementation of convergence https://plus.google.com/+AndrewHayzen/posts/JRUatP1SUXw

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post

in fewer they jump from 500 to more than 700 and since they are making a universal OS..

Comment

Bruh. Why is Dekko so fucking big?

It and Clementine are ridiculous. Yeah, features on top of features, but jesus H christ...

Comment

Working...
                    X