Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android-x86 Officially Hooks Up With Remix OS Company

Phoronix: Android-x86 Officially Hooks Up With Remix OS Company

The Android-x86 open-source project is partnering up with Jide Technology, the company behind Remix OS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, that is a completely empty batch of words.... the only thing that android-x86 has actually contributed, is the interface between mesa and surfaceflinger, which is the ONLY thing that is needed in order to get plain AOSP running effectively on x86 hardware.

jide/remix has contributed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except some proof of concept for multi-window Android that was never actually necessary to prove the concept, and EVEN IF they actually contributed, Google has already stated ON THE RECORD, that the next major Android release will include BOTH split- AND multi-window navigation modes.... in other words, jide/remix HAS NOTHING **TO** CONTRIBUTE.

Comment

This is really scary, because of what remix os has/had in its TOS . I hope android-x86 keeps existing as a standalone project.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
        This is really scary, because of what remix os has/had in its TOS . I hope android-x86 keeps existing as a standalone project.
        I didn't read that. What's scary in it? Does it kill baby pandas? :P

Comment

I don't have it at hand at the moment, but after booting in a vm you get a licence agreement where you basically waive all your rights to whatever content and data you use on that system. Boot it and give it a read, it's like Sony's PSN TOS.

I found the quote, pretty sure that's what i saw as well.

"You agree that you irrevocably waive any and all ownership, legal and moral rights to your user content"

Important Update: Remix OS has been discontinued. Android is a mobile operating system and a hugely popular one. Lately, several mini-PCs have been trying to use Android as their main OS in a bid to power a media center or a TV box. Remix OS has been born in a

Hopefully they got over it, but i don't trust that company.

Comment

Working...
          X