Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Ubuntu 14.04 vs. Ubuntu 16.04 Intel Xeon E5 Benchmarks

Phoronix: Early Ubuntu 14.04 vs. Ubuntu 16.04 Intel Xeon E5 Benchmarks

This morning I posted some Ubuntu 14.04 vs. 16.04 LTS Radeon graphics benchmarks while if open-source AMD graphics driver evolution doesn't get you excited, in this article are results from other non-graphics benchmarks in comparing the Ubuntu 14.04 vs. 16.04 performance for these long-term support releases in their current form...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
    Everybody should quit their shitty distro and jump on ubuntu. That way ubuntu will be a real contender to windows.
    ... some people like the fact that the source code is closer to view or edit when using Gentoo.

Comment

Although I run and like Ubuntu, choice is what makes Linux distros appealing. I also believe Redhat should be credited for their enormous contribution to the Open Source stack.
      (OK - should probably not feed the troll...)
      Last edited by Veto; 14 February 2016, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Please stop trolling and respect other peoples choices! Your agenda is not every others agenda.

Comment

Everybody should quit their shitty distro and jump on ubuntu. That way ubuntu will be a real contender to windows.
          Tell Ubuntu to ship up-to-date software in their repos by default or have official repos providing such updates. 15.10 is sitting on PulseAudio 6.0 (with their official testing PPA at 7.0 for a while now; 8.0 has been out upstream) and xorg-server 1.17 still..

Comment

I know this is a troll, if it's not.. then my mistake. Regardless, even if it's just one Linux Distribution it wont help it. It won't even make it better. Here is simple math equation:
            1 simple OS/Linux Distribution = stagnation
            Multiple OS/Linux Distribution = competition and creativity to become "the best"
            Here is another example, if there is no challenge in any game/sports/competition then there is no point of becoming better.
            Last edited by Sethox; 14 February 2016, 07:02 AM.

Comment

There is this human concept of cooperating. Instead o fighting each other we band together and achieve more? Ever heard of this concept?
              Like how the BSD's cooperate? Yeah right.....

Adopt a copyleft, that is the fairest cooperation that can be achieved.

Comment

Working...
              X