X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monraaf
    replied
    Originally posted by rabcor View Post
    Budgie is a nice selling point, it looks good and customizable, but... it seems to be lacking wayland support, something a newly written DE should definitely not be missing, this could evolve into an achilles heel for the distro later on.
    Solus 2.0 will not ship with X.Org, it will be Wayland-only: https://solus-project.com/2015/12/28/1-0-and-beyond/

Leave a comment:

• rabcor
    replied
    Budgie is a nice selling point, it looks good and customizable, but... it seems to be lacking wayland support, something a newly written DE should definitely not be missing, this could evolve into an achilles heel for the distro later on.

But so far I like the idea of this distro, although, I personally would prefer something with a bit more freedom... maybe gentoo with a clear linux kernel would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• liam
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    It's cool and it seems to work ok. I only got as far as booting it, but then gnome got in the way. Too bad. Plenty of talent going to complete waste. I should have checked to see if it was based on gnome before I even bothered. Very disappointing.

That guy is very skilled though and he knows what he wants to do with it.

EDIT: Unfortunately for gnome, almost nobody uses a computer for the sole purpose of screwing around with gnome. And that's the only thing gnome is good for.
    One wonders how linus manages to get anything done

Leave a comment:

• ElectricPrism
    replied
    I wonder if this will mean that Budgie won't crash on startup my Skylake Arch Box.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by JustinZ View Post

While GNOME Shell is available, Budgie is not GNOME. It is another DE entirely.
    Granted I only booted up and then fell back in my chair with despair before I hit reset... But it fooled me easily enough.

Leave a comment:

• JustinZ
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    It's cool and it seems to work ok. I only got as far as booting it, but then gnome got in the way. Too bad. Plenty of talent going to complete waste. I should have checked to see if it was based on gnome before I even bothered. Very disappointing.

EDIT: Unfortunately for gnome, almost nobody uses a computer for the sole purpose of screwing around with gnome. And that's the only thing gnome is good for.
    While GNOME Shell is available, Budgie is not GNOME. It is another DE entirely.

Leave a comment:

• dragonn
    replied
    Originally posted by kosmos342 View Post
    Tank you! I find it for fish too, it is so beutfilul.

Leave a comment:

• kosmos342
    replied
    Originally posted by dragonn View Post
    I in 0:07 what shell is that in terminal? How to get promont like on the video?
    Looks like https://github.com/powerline/powerline

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied

Last edited by duby229; 21 December 2015, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dragonn
    replied
    I in 0:07 what shell is that in terminal? How to get promont like on the video?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X