Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knoppix 7.6 Now Available

Phoronix: Knoppix 7.6 Now Available

Available this weekend is the latest version of Knoppix, version 7.6...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

At least we know it use Kernel version 4.2.2, X server 1.17 and GNOME 3.18

ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppi...-l-dvd-760.txt

Comment

Originally posted by Klassic Six View Post
      At least we know it use Kernel version 4.2.2, X server 1.17 and GNOME 3.18

ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppi...-l-dvd-760.txt
      Cool, thanks for the info. Didn't Klaus Knopper occasionally post on these forums? Or am I thinking of some other website?

Comment

Originally posted by server
        425 Security: Bad IP connecting.
        Hmm, okay, it seems Knoppix authors are hostile to privacy - their FTP bans Tor.

Comment

Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
          Hmm, okay, it seems Knoppix authors are hostile to privacy - their FTP bans Tor.
          Thank you for slow down the limited amount of exit points.

Comment

I was using Knoppix ten years ago and even more. It had great hardware compatibility back then. Even better than SuSE and Mandriva. Good to hear that it's still around!

Comment

Knoppix 7.5 was released some time ago, but it's always a CeBIT release. You can only get it by grabbing the April issues of Linux Pro Magazine w/DVD. I grabbed a back-issue from Amazon.

Comment

Kaella Knoppix was my first linux distribution [Live CD] ever
                Good memories...

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post

Thank you for slow down the limited amount of exit points.
                  Hmm, interesting logic.
                  * First of all, download haven't worked since FTP rejects Tor exit nodes, showing Knoppix author(s) and admins do not give a fuck about privacy. So you can be happy, etc.
                  * If nobody going to use exit nodes, what is the point of their existence at all? Just to stay still, wasting electricity and bucks without doing anything useful?
                  * If single human can slow down distributed structure, something is fucked up. Distributed structures are supposed to withstand even powerful attacks, a mere single user shouldn't be an issue. At the end of day, I do not download distros every day.
                  * Downloading specific Linux distro is quite a major breach of privacy, since it clearly exposes your interests. These days there're often DPIs on the wire (ofteen directly hooked to ISP's client pools), logging all URIs accessed (and being able to attribute them to particular person). Not like if I want them to gather my profiling data. Especially my interest to Linux distros.

Comment

* First of all, download haven't worked since FTP rejects Tor exit nodes, showing Knoppix author(s) and admins do not give a fuck about privacy. So you can be happy, etc.
                    I'm happy about that. Its a harmless Download, so don't abuse Tor

* If nobody going to use exit nodes, what is the point of their existence at all? Just to stay still, wasting electricity and bucks without doing anything useful?
                    They exists for more important stuff like downloading the latest GNU/Linux distributions or view cat videos.

* If single human can slow down distributed structure, something is fucked up.
                    Not a single but a bunch of them with stupid downloads.

At the end of day, I do not download distros every day.
                    But you still sound like someone who is use Tor for everything. Of course, in the name of "privacy". For this, you should be more that satisfied with on of the VPN Provider, but oh wait they coast money.

* Downloading specific Linux distro is quite a major breach of privacy, since it clearly exposes your interests. These days there're often DPIs on the wire (ofteen directly hooked to ISP's client pools), logging all URIs accessed (and being able to attribute them to particular person). Not like if I want them to gather my profiling data. Especially my interest to Linux distros.
                    Bunch of Bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                    X