Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Is Codenamed The Xenial Xerus

Phoronix: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Is Codenamed The Xenial Xerus

Mark Shuttleworth has announced the codename for the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS release!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They're going to run out of adjective/animal combos in a couple rotations....

Comment

I like animals, but this is an awful name

Comment

I most associate squirrels with running out in the road and not being able to make up their mind if they want to cross when a car is oncoming.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
          I most associate squirrels with running out in the road and not being able to make up their mind if they want to cross when a car is oncoming.

Then running right in front of your right or left tire at the exact right time such that you only run over their head. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
            I like animals, but this is an awful name
            Feel free to do better with a pair of Xs...

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Palmer View Post

Feel free to do better with a pair of Xs...
              Just think of a pair of Ys...

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

Just think of a pair of Ys...
                Youthful Yeti? (They used a unicorn for U, so why not a yeti for Y?)

Comment

Hopefully we don't get our nuts cracked.

Comment

I was sort of wondering if this code name would be "Xless (anything)" though I suppose their MIR display server isn't ready for that and only the GNOME spin would have a chance at wayland being usable by default. The other day I fired up Weston and tried to get a mate-panel running on it, no luck. Could get caja and pluma working but that was about it. Also "Xless" rhymes with "Sexless" so I guess that would never do no matter how the display server situation went.

Comment

Working...
                    X