Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 15.10 Is Now Under Its Final Freeze

Phoronix: Ubuntu 15.10 Is Now Under Its Final Freeze

Ubuntu 15.10 "Wily Werewolf" is now under its final freeze for being officially released next week...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...0-Final-Freeze

Did they fix the performed regressions?

Comment

Still some colord/sane crashes on startup.
      Else it looks to be a nice release.

Hope we get Chromium 46 soon.

Comment

I'm using 15.10 for like a month and it's good, but the typical Ubuntu issues are there: Nautilus still at 3.14, gedit still at 3.10 etc. while upstream is at 3.18.1

Comment

Hope we get Chromium 46 soon.
          That is the problem when I try to replace Chrome with Chromium. A new version with security bugs fixed came out and you get stuck with the a insecured Chromium.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

That is the problem when I try to replace Chrome with Chromium. A new version with security bugs fixed came out and you get stuck with the a insecured Chromium.
            That is because 15.10 has not been released yet. The process of updating packages is different between released/unreleased versions in Ubuntu. If you want a stable system, you should not update to the development release before release day.

Comment

Originally posted by jhenke View Post

That is because 15.10 has not been released yet. The process of updating packages is different between released/unreleased versions in Ubuntu. If you want a stable system, you should not update to the development release before release day.
              I have both 14.04 and 15.10 installed in different machines. Chromium didn't have been updated in both.

Comment

Working...
              X