A Few Worrisome Regressions Appear In Ubuntu 15.04 vs. 15.10 Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Worrisome Regressions Appear In Ubuntu 15.04 vs. 15.10 Performance

Phoronix: A Few Worrisome Regressions Appear In Ubuntu 15.04 vs. 15.10 Performance

With Ubuntu 15.10 set to be released later this month, I've started preparing for a variety of Linux performance comparisons involving the Wily Werewolf. This morning I ran some Ubuntu 15.04 vs. 15.10 benchmarks on one of my frequent test beds and it's revealed a few significant changes in some of the benchmarks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm so fucking worried about the whole thing...

Comment

Originally posted by michal View Post
      I'm so fucking worried about the whole thing...

Ubuntu is not true linux, it's only crappy thing and that's why one shouldn't worry about it!

Comment

Worrisome indeed

Sometimes I wonder if anyone ese (kernel and distro developers) beside you do these kind of tests to check for performance regressions

Comment

Originally posted by chilek View Post

Ubuntu is not true linux, it's only crappy thing and that's why one shouldn't worry about it!

what is true linux for you?

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
            what is true linux for you?
            If we are talking about distros then Linux Arch is probably the closest thing to "Linux done right".

Comment

Lets hope they can fix that before they launch

Comment

Originally posted by armetuz View Post

If we are talking about distros then Linux Arch is probably the closest thing to "Linux done right".

Wow Thank for this funny comment. Made me laugh hard. I mean it's pretty obvious that Gentoo > Arc

Comment

It's question of ubuntu or kernel drivers on specific hardware system!?

Comment

Originally posted by armetuz View Post

arch? at least untill it upgrades and broke everything

Comment

Working...
                    X