Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, very good points.

Just few comments
    Not to mention it can be customized for cases where one, say, completely lacks keyboard and mouse. Like tv-sticks with android do, kiosks, etc.
    These are not that bad. http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/...-with-skylake/
    IIRC the idle power consumption is around 500 mW. Intel might suck at power handling, but the 14nm process is good. But in this domain I don't think the technical features of the stick are significant. You pay for a service and content. Also many broadband connections are still not 4k ready. I'm perfectly happy with Chromecast, Apple TV and RPi as media players.

And I got impression even chinese stuff like rockchip lasts 2 times more on comparable battery. Somehow, all Intel based tablets I've seen were draining battery, hardly exceeding 3-4 hours of active time, unless vendor goes for huge, laptop-sized battery.
    If you test normal daily use, the benchmarks show that
    The Jolla tablet has 15,9 Wh battery and Bay Trail T CPU. It lasts for 4 hours. So 15 min / Wh
    Ipad Air 2 has 27,2 Wh battery and 9,5h uptime. 21 min / Wh
    Lenovo yoga tablet 10 hd+ has 33,3 Wh and 13h uptime. 23 min / Wh

It's not terribly bad. I don't know what's the impact of the immature software stack. It might explain some of the issues.

Comment

Working...
    X