X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerii
    replied
    Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post

Yeah, I might try edgers if nothing else works. What I've done for the moment is to set sddm to auto login so that it bypasses the password screen. That works. But I need to get the screen locker to autostart so my computer is at least a little secure from people who might try to turn it on and access it.

After installing flgrx-updates, it wouldn't even make it to sddm before freezing. Why is it so hard to installing working drivers?
    Same here on my PC with Kubuntu 15.04. Probably related to this: http://askubuntu.com/questions/66332...rnel-3-19-0-26
    Even though it says that it's fixed I still have the same problem I last tried it a few days ago..

Leave a comment:

• molecule-eye
    replied
    Originally posted by Gerii View Post

I had to switch to the xorg-edgers ppa about a month ago because my taskbar and the lockscreen would freeze immediately after logging in. I could still click on the taskbar to open apps, but of course it's a nightmare if you don't know what is currently opened. With the xorg-edgers ppa at least the taskbar is working again, however the lockscreen is now translucent or black. And I can't watch HTML5 videos in fullscreen.
    Yeah, I might try edgers if nothing else works. What I've done for the moment is to set sddm to auto login so that it bypasses the password screen. That works. But I need to get the screen locker to autostart so my computer is at least a little secure from people who might try to turn it on and access it.

After installing flgrx-updates, it wouldn't even make it to sddm before freezing. Why is it so hard to installing working drivers?

Leave a comment:

• Gerii
    replied
    Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
    I'm running a dedicated Radeon 6870, though I have an APU (A10-5800K). After updating to 5.4.2 yesterday, the system freezes at sddm. I can restart it from a virtual terminal so that it at least allows me to input my password, but after hitting enter it seems to work in the background but doesn't give me my desktop. I can get into the desktop off my onboard graphics, oddly. I've just installed catalyst from the repos (fglrx-updates) and need to restart to see if that works, though I'd rather not use these shite drivers.
    I had to switch to the xorg-edgers ppa about a month ago because my taskbar and the lockscreen would freeze immediately after logging in. I could still click on the taskbar to open apps, but of course it's a nightmare if you don't know what is currently opened. With the xorg-edgers ppa at least the taskbar is working again, however the lockscreen is now translucent or black. And I can't watch HTML5 videos in fullscreen.
    Last edited by Gerii; 04 October 2015, 04:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• molecule-eye
    replied
    I'm running a dedicated Radeon 6870, though I have an APU (A10-5800K). After updating to 5.4.2 yesterday, the system freezes at sddm. I can restart it from a virtual terminal so that it at least allows me to input my password, but after hitting enter it seems to work in the background but doesn't give me my desktop. I can get into the desktop off my onboard graphics, oddly. I've just installed catalyst from the repos (fglrx-updates) and need to restart to see if that works, though I'd rather not use these shite drivers.

Leave a comment:

• Ocean86
    replied
    Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
    Why would this be the end for Kubuntu?
    Kubuntu's future is now being put under the microscope. In particular, theKubuntu 15.10 Alpha 1 release notes mention at the top, "The Kubuntu team are committed to releasing 15.10 in October. Updates, bug fixes and future releases are currently uncertain." Basically the official statement is that the future past October's release of Kubuntu 15.10 is uncertain for this KDE flavor of Ubuntu.

Link: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Worrying-State

I would also like to know; how is the project/distro doing? Will we get to see the next Kubuntu LTS?

Cheers,
    Ocean
    Last edited by Ocean86; 03 October 2015, 11:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Why would this be the end for Kubuntu?

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Originally posted by staggerlee View Post
    I would also like to know the answer to that question..
    Me too. I have been putting off switching to another distro for a while now.

Leave a comment:

• Slartifartblast
    replied
    That's rather brave of them, good luck.

Leave a comment:

• staggerlee
    replied
    Originally posted by humbug View Post
    Is this the end of the road for Kubuntu?
    I would also like to know the answer to that question..

Leave a comment:

• molecule-eye
    replied
    I hope they squash a lot of the annoying bugs by then, but somehow I don't see it happening in a month.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X