X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humbug
    replied
    Originally posted by valoriez View Post

No. We're losing some of our most experienced developers, but we're bringing in new developers as well. The Kubuntu Council has met with the Ubuntu Community Council and I think we have peace and cooperation. KDE, Ubuntu and Debian are all healthy, and Kubuntu is made from all three. I believe we'll do well, long into the future. See the recent Kubuntu Podcast #5 for more detail: http://youtu.be/qGkjB4gCGhw

Valorie Zimmerman, part of the Kubuntu Council
    Thanks a lot dude.
    Appreciate the update

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Good to hear. Was really dreading about jumping to another distro.

Leave a comment:

• Ocean86
    replied
    Originally posted by valoriez View Post

No. We're losing some of our most experienced developers, but we're bringing in new developers as well. The Kubuntu Council has met with the Ubuntu Community Council and I think we have peace and cooperation. KDE, Ubuntu and Debian are all healthy, and Kubuntu is made from all three. I believe we'll do well, long into the future. See the recent Kubuntu Podcast #5 for more detail: http://youtu.be/qGkjB4gCGhw

Aaahhh finally an official statement! Thanks for taking the time!

Sounds good.

So in other words; The forces have aligned and Kubuntu shall live on... right?

Cheers,
    Ocean

Leave a comment:

• valoriez
    replied
    Originally posted by humbug View Post
    Is this the end of the road for Kubuntu?

Leave a comment:

• alexcortes
    replied
    Most likely Kubuntu will merge with Netrunner.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by dh04000 View Post

Mr. Riddell is moving the Kubuntu user base from Canonical to his new employer Blue Systems.

1) Set one: Cause Drama
    2) Step two: Move User Base
    3) Step three: Blue System Monetizes User Base
    4) Step four: Profit
    That's pure speculation, considering only vague accusations against him were made public and the whole thing went behind closed doors.
    But I am curious to see what happens after 15.10 and not releasing any statements after the initial one only adds to the drama.

Leave a comment:

• Ocean86
    replied
    Originally posted by dh04000 View Post

Mr. Riddell is moving the Kubuntu user base from Canonical to his new employer Blue Systems.

Hm... sounds kinda diabolical. Kinda sad there aren't any official updates to the situation though. Surely someone must know wth is going on, I hope?

Leave a comment:

• dh04000
    replied
    Originally posted by staggerlee View Post
    I would also like to know the answer to that question..

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5
    replied
    An error often occurrs because of official links administrators distraction, is not to publish previewes of the new system so to give the possibility to the entusisasts to advertise the forthcoming new operating system by the social network justa before they are released.

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5
    replied
    Excellent news I'll finance this project.

What about wayland progress!?
    Last edited by Azrael5; 04 October 2015, 07:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X