Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 23 Beta & GNOME 3.18 Are Doing Terrific

Phoronix: Fedora 23 Beta & GNOME 3.18 Are Doing Terrific

The Fedora 23 Beta is scheduled to be released this morning while GNOME 3.18 is supposed to come tomorrow. Both these important free software projects are in great shape and from my experiences with GNOME 3.18 on Fedora 23 Beta is doing well and I'm looking forward to the stable releases.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Did you try Fedora 22 with nvidia blob? Firefox is incredibly slow. Especially with google maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
      Firefox is incredibly slow.
      FIFY

Comment

I'm so excited for the gnome 3.18 release. The improvements to gnome wayland will be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
          Did you try Fedora 22 with nvidia blob? Firefox is incredibly slow. Especially with google maps.
          I'm using the nvidia blob on f22 and I regularly use firefox. Haven't seen or experienced any problems. Perhaps you should file a complete bug report with the corresponding system info.

Comment

Sounds like a sponsored article

Comment

Originally posted by Scellow View Post
              Sounds like a sponsored article
              I assure you it isn't. We don't have money for anything like that.

I do have to disclose, though, that we did provide Phoronix with a completely free copy of the Fedora release.

Comment

I hoped for LLVM 3.7

Comment

Hey Micheal, please what are the main "few bugs here and there" that you noticed?
                  Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by mattdm View Post
                    I do have to disclose, though, that we did provide Phoronix with a completely free copy of the Fedora release.
                    You've been doing it for a long time, too... very dodgy...

Comment

Working...
                    X