Tizen 3.0 Milestone Released, Finishes Replacing X.Org With Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giucam View Post

Why do you say so? There is no rendering overhead.
    There's a slight one, see: https://openbenchmarking.org/result/...LI-FEDORA21D89, but its very minimal and those benchmarks were done awhile ago so things are probably in a better place now.
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
      Kernel 4.0 is EOL, GG
      If you read the info you will see that 4.0 is just for this milestone that's not the Kernel for the 3.0 final release.

I have to say this looks promising. Will there be a Tizen version for x86-64? Also I wonder if I could install this on my Xperia Z1 compact.

They also say they're integrating kdbus even though its not even in the mainline Kernel yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Oliver View Post
        They also say they're integrating kdbus even though its not even in the mainline Kernel yet.
        No but the general design of it is more or less set in stone at this point and there's patches floating around for systemd to use it as the main bus. Not a huge deal if theyre jumping ahead a little bit.
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

There's a slight one, see: https://openbenchmarking.org/result/...LI-FEDORA21D89, but its very minimal and those benchmarks were done awhile ago so things are probably in a better place now.
          That is a benchmark comparing GNOME X vs. GNOME Wayland, so you can't really tell anything about Xwayland from it. The reason for the poorer performance could be GNOME shell itself, just to name one thing.

Comment

Working...
          X