Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 8.2 Released, Debian 7.9 Too

Phoronix: Debian 8.2 Released, Debian 7.9 Too

The second point release to Debian 8 "Jessie" is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow! How about they tested and built the entire harness of packages for GCC 5 before they started polluting Sid/Experimental? What a mismanaged project this has become.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
      Wow! How about they tested and built the entire harness of packages for GCC 5 before they started polluting Sid/Experimental? What a mismanaged project this has become.
      How about using sid/experimental for their purposes - t.i. testing packages? No one forces you to jump on sid.

Comment

Wow! How about they tested and built the entire harness of packages for GCC 5 before they started polluting Sid/Experimental?
        That was done:

Two test rebuilds of Debian testing/unstable on amd64 were done in January and April, and bug reports filed for the packages.
        Last edited by dungeon; 05 September 2015, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Works for Me (c)...

Comment

Comment

Finally, the long awaited patch for radeonsi!

Comment

Ha, I always find it hilarious when people bitch that sid/experimental break. It's called 'unstable/experimental' for a reason. I run Testing (Stretch) because A) generally speaking everything is installable, B) it is only 10 days behind (unless there is a serious issue with the package). Granted it broke yesterday (missing dependencies) but I only had to wait until the mirror was fully updated (it's working today) so I just took note last night of all the crap that was removed and am re-installing today.

Comment

Has anyone managed to get Debian Jessie 8.x installed with an Nvidia GTX960 video card? On my system i get during boot this message:
                  "fb: switching to nouveaufb"
                  and then the screen hangs.

Comment

Try to boot with nomodeset parameter. Then install latest Nvidia drivers.

Comment

Working...
                    X