Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 8.2 Released, Debian 7.9 Too

Phoronix: Debian 8.2 Released, Debian 7.9 Too

The second point release to Debian 8 "Jessie" is now available...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...essie-Released

Wow! How about they tested and built the entire harness of packages for GCC 5 before they started polluting Sid/Experimental? What a mismanaged project this has become.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
      Wow! How about they tested and built the entire harness of packages for GCC 5 before they started polluting Sid/Experimental? What a mismanaged project this has become.
      How about using sid/experimental for their purposes - t.i. testing packages? No one forces you to jump on sid.

Comment

Wow! How about they tested and built the entire harness of packages for GCC 5 before they started polluting Sid/Experimental?
        That was done:

Two test rebuilds of Debian testing/unstable on amd64 were done in January and April, and bug reports filed for the packages.
        https://wiki.debian.org/GCC5
        Last edited by dungeon; 05 September 2015, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Works for Me (c)...

Comment

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/s...n.html#s10.1.3

Comment

Finally, the long awaited patch for radeonsi!

Comment

Ha, I always find it hilarious when people bitch that sid/experimental break. It's called 'unstable/experimental' for a reason. I run Testing (Stretch) because A) generally speaking everything is installable, B) it is only 10 days behind (unless there is a serious issue with the package). Granted it broke yesterday (missing dependencies) but I only had to wait until the mirror was fully updated (it's working today) so I just took note last night of all the crap that was removed and am re-installing today.

Comment

Has anyone managed to get Debian Jessie 8.x installed with an Nvidia GTX960 video card? On my system i get during boot this message:
                  "fb: switching to nouveaufb"
                  and then the screen hangs.

Comment

Try to boot with nomodeset parameter. Then install latest Nvidia drivers.

Comment

Working...
                    X