Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every improvement is appreciated.

Comment

Their logic is very strange, this behaviour occurs also when restoring from hibernation... and that's not a strange user case.

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post

I'm no fan of systemd, but no, this is an issue that's been around a long time and it looks like they're fixing it, so I probably shouldn't complain too much.
        I seriously wasn't trying to annoy anyone, but it's just something I've seen way too often, and more than likely if you knew what you were doing you could avoid it anyway.
        I am a fan of systemd, but this kind of pissed me off, especially since the only way I could get around it was by using the boot using sysv in grub. If debian hadn't offered that as a fallback I would have had to do stupid things like edit configurations files to not try to automatically mount drives it should automatically try to mount. I suspect it is just a rewritten script and the guy writting it was a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
          Isn't that a misfeature of the new mount init written for systemd? I started seeing it a few months ago. Who ever wrote that didn't understand the word 'auto' in mount option. It means automatic, not break and force the user to boot with sysv.
          You are not forced to use sysv. Yes that is annoying, but however wrote that did indeed understand the meaning of 'nofail', which is the mount parameter to put into your fstab to make systemd to not wait for it. At least as long as Ubuntu isn't doing anything own custom mount thing at boot, systemd can handle it just fine, see the man page under fstab->nofail:

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post

Sure, and I've worked on plenty of customers servers that get stuck on reboot.
            It's not like I'm making this up.
            I'm actually genuinely glad to see them changing things like that so I won't have to deal with it in the future.
            Mostly not because of grub, power outage usually cause filesystem corruption and boot is waiting for fsck for user to decide what to do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
              For benchmarkers who are the absolute minority - that's _the_ annoying setting. For us users, it's the slow select up and down of an OS in the grub menu on HD monitors.
              That problem seems to be a lot better for me with UEFI systems.

Comment

Working...
              X